Best Uniforms

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:55 pm

yeah i love our new uniforms, especially now since everyone including the drumline and pit get to wear the uniforms.

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:18 pm

yeah, but dont have exactly the same thing, cuz it's not as cool if you are ripping off a drum corp. We bought their uni's cuz they got new ones.

triplettDIDDLE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by triplettDIDDLE » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:03 pm

i'm going to have to go back back to years before i was born and say my directors corps, Suncoast Sound. They always had something good going on.... Troopers also, it's cool that they've been able to hold on to their original look as much as possible.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:25 pm

euphman wrote:well duh :D , seriously tho, I have yet to see a school with those unis. We all know many bands have the exact same or knock offs of BD's, but I have yet to see one with those unis.
And thier might be a reason to that...Though the uniforms are crisp in thier design, I don't believe they are easy to coordinate well with regards to the colorguard.

Anyone know why Phantom switched out of the Khaki? and back into the White/Black (which I think are awesome.)?

-Dawg

Hart_Quads11

Post by Hart_Quads11 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:58 pm

BD all the way.

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:02 pm

Image[/img]
I love BD's uniforms main because our uniforms look jus like theirs :)

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:04 pm

No they don't. Folsom HS (Folsom, CA) and Robert McQueen HS (Reno, NV) have the exact same uniforms as BD (last I checked). Amador Valley HS (Pleasanton, CA) has the exact same style in different colors (purple, black, and gold instead of blue, black, and silver). And I'm sure there's many more: as has already been mentioned, it's a popular style. Yours are just a little bit different, though.

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:24 pm

yea your right but they resemble BD's. :) another Corps' uniforms I like is the Cavies. I love their hats. :)

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:31 pm

Wow your uniforms look nothing like Blue Devils... lol. Maybe just the fact that they are blue is all they have in common...

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:38 pm

hey dont forget the silver sash thing. but oh well, blue devils uniforms still kick ass :)

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:18 pm

wow.

Bass2tubagod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bass2tubagod » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:28 am

Another reason BD's uniforms are so popular might have something to do with the fact that they make you look taller and slimmer as well as hide some of the dirt. For this reason alone like them the best. It's a lot easier to see dirt when you have a flashy color like white or light grey. The darker blue and black colors hide so many small things from the eyes. Whoever thought those up is a genious.
I'm still Red, but blue thoughts are clouding my mind. Those who know drum corps know what I'm talking about.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:46 am

Bass2tubagod wrote:The darker blue and black colors hide so many small things from the eyes. Whoever thought those up is a genious.
Michael Cesario, and yeah, he's pretty good when it comes to visual design. ;)