Esperanza Div. 1

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

kkeonih667
New Recruit
New Recruit

Esperanza Div. 1

Post by kkeonih667 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:08 pm

So what does everyone think about Esperanza going div. 1 this year? Personally I think it's too soon. I think they should stayed in div. II for another year at least to build into a true div. I corps. No offense to the Mandarins, but I think they're going to end up like them, do great in div. II but only mediocre in div. I. But you never know, they've surprised me every year so who knows. DCI has seen some pretty crazy things in the last couple years. They could end up like Seattle in their first year, we'll just have to see.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:55 pm

To the best of my knowledge, Esperanza will be competing in Division I only at the large Regionals. During the rest of the tour, the regular night-to-night shows, they will be Division II. Maybe I misread the announcement, but that's how I understand it.

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:59 pm

Regional division 1 just means they are on limited touring status. Every show they attend they will be judged as a division 1 corps.
--Hunter

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:02 pm

Interesting. The Open Class in the West is getting great again... Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Cascades, Esperanza, along with BD and SCV... I can't remember the last time there were six Division I corps in the Western States... back in the late 80s and early 90s there were five (BD, SCV, Freelancers, VK, and Marauders), and this is as good as it's been since then.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:44 pm

well, i wish them the best of luck.i wasn't able to stay in it this year but, i hope they do great!! goodluck guys!! 8-)
Nothing is impossible with God!