The Watchmen

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

trumpetrey
New Recruit
New Recruit

The Watchmen

Post by trumpetrey » Thu May 23, 2013 9:53 pm

The Watchmen are seeking a some members to fill up our brass and percussion ensemble. We are Southern California's newest performing ensemble. The group is based out of The Riverside area and will be performing at several local DCI shows, parades, and a couple of other local performances. We rehearse on Sunday afternoons from 1pm-5pm at Patriot High School in Jurupa Valley.

Our staff is made up of several band directors including Ray Moreno, Aron Campbell, and Loren Gamarra. We also have several great instructors from around Southern California including: Dave Becker, Matt Regua, Troy Campbell, and Nate Cisneros.

The goal of our group is to promote music education and performance in a positive and challenging environment. We also want to make this affordable to all students so we are keeping our fees low. How low? $80 for the Summer. This is not a gimmick, it's real music educators who have a desire to teach, teaching local students who have a desire to learn and be great. If you're interested we have openings in our brass sections: We're looking for 2-3 trumpets, 1-2 mellos, 1-2 baritones or trombones, and 1-2 tubas. We also would like 1-2 mallet players. The battery and colorguard are filled and have no openings It's still not too late but time is running out!

If you're interested please contact me as soon as possible. Anyone interested would need to have their own instrument (we'll provide the tubas and percussion instruments of course), be able to pay the $80 instructional fee (which includes our Explorer Post fee), and be able to make all of the rehearsals.

This is a great opportunity to anyone who would like improve their skills over the Summer or perhaps wanted to march drum corps but couldn't afford it. Contact me with any questions you may have at pcrband@gmail.com. Also, if you're interested in helping out or being behind the scenes then please contact me as well.

Thank You,
Ray Moreno
Watchmen Brass and Percussion