World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:39 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Quote:
Well I think that when a high school band ripps off a drum corp, It doesnt make the high school band look very good and it also degrades the drum corp..

lol, how does it degrade the drum corps?

honestly, I don't see why it's a big deal. No one in the theater world gets upset when a high school puts on a production that was done on Broadway. No one in the music realm smirks when a high school concert band/marching band/drum corps attempts a piece played by major symphony. Sometimes people roll their eyes when movie remakes are made, but that's the exception. There are only so many shows and pieces out there; if one groups excels at a certain piece more than the other, more power to them. No matter who does it, these shows are, for the most part, vehicles for a life and learning experience -- if they were done just for the performance and audience appeal, people would be making money each summer they marched. That's my take on it.[/code]