Junior Corps Director....

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm

The Kingsmen Starcorps board of directors is seeking a Junior Corps Director to help rebuild the Kingsmen. Goal is to get the Kingsmen back on the field and back into DCI. Please contact the Kingsmen either via their website at www.kingsmendrumcorps.org or contact the board president directly at 951-780-4929, Panors77@aol.com

Phil Norris
Kingsmen Board President

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Bump......

Chaporch
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Chaporch » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 am

A few questions:

What are the minimum qualifications?
What are the primary responsibilities?
Is this more of a "business" director or a "creative" director?
How much control will this person have over hiring/firing of instructional staff?
Is their pay involved?
How many hours per week should be expected?
Will this person have ultimate control over the show design?
Will the Board get in the way or be there for support?

Does the organization own instruments?
Does the organization have insurance?
Does the organization have a rehearsal location?
Does the organization have uniforms?
Does the organization have an equipment truck?
Does the organization have money in the bank?
Is the Board willing to let the corps develop and learn and grow before venturing out on a national tour?

It may seem that I am being a smart ass with these questions. I am not. These are all important questions that should be addressed with potential leaders of a corps.

Thank you!

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:11 am

..
Last edited by Fillydog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wowkacui
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by wowkacui » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Will this person have ultimate control over the show design?
Will the Board get in the way or be there for support?.....






___________________________________________
love me little,love me long!!
http://www.mmolive.com/
http://www.mmohome.com/
http://www.diablo4shop.com

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 pm

wowkacui wrote:Will this person have ultimate control over the show design?
Will the Board get in the way or be there for support?.....
Yes...this person is in control of show design and the board is there for support.

Right now tho...the position has someone "elect". Board has to get a couple ducks in a row,etc. We could use all the help we can get tho in every aspect.

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:01 am

Fillydog wrote:
wowkacui wrote:Will this person have ultimate control over the show design?
Will the Board get in the way or be there for support?.....
Yes...this person is in control of show design and the board is there for support.

Right now tho...the position has someone "elect". Board has to get a couple ducks in a row,etc. We could use all the help we can get tho in every aspect.
This "elect" person is now no longer, so the position is still open. We welcome any candidates to bring their proposals and ideas to us.

User avatar
MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:18 am
Location: Riverside
Contact:

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by MusicCoach » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Fillydog wrote:
Fillydog wrote:
wowkacui wrote:Will this person have ultimate control over the show design?
Will the Board get in the way or be there for support?.....
Yes...this person is in control of show design and the board is there for support.

Right now tho...the position has someone "elect". Board has to get a couple ducks in a row,etc. We could use all the help we can get tho in every aspect.
This "elect" person is now no longer, so the position is still open. We welcome any candidates to bring their proposals and ideas to us.


Good luck looking for a corps director. I wish this organization nothing but the best. and once ready I would defiantely apply for a staff position.
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Fillydog wrote:This "elect" person is now no longer, so the position is still open. We welcome any candidates to bring their proposals and ideas to us.

wowkacui wrote: Good luck looking for a corps director. I wish this organization nothing but the best. and once ready I would defiantely apply for a staff position.

Thanks......we'll keep you in mind to whoever will fill the position. Please pass it on to anybody you think would be qualified and willing to to a first year parade/standstill corps then local eval the next year then onwards from there?

I can be reached at 951-780-4929 I welcome any help and ideas.

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by confucious » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 am

has the position of corps director been filled yet? what about instructional staff?

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

confucious wrote:has the position of corps director been filled yet? what about instructional staff?
Nope not yet....and instructional staff will be put together by the corps director. A few of us alumni also can help on the staff if desired.

Are you interested in the position? Let me know who you are eh? :)

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by confucious » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 am

Fillydog wrote:
confucious wrote:has the position of corps director been filled yet? what about instructional staff?
Nope not yet....and instructional staff will be put together by the corps director. A few of us alumni also can help on the staff if desired.

Are you interested in the position? Let me know who you are eh? :)
If I lived in the area it would definitely be a possibility, but I do know people that may be interested and have been in the activity for a while instructing. I asked because I understood that you had chosen someone from So Cal already, but if it's open, I can definitely spread the word.

Thank you for the offer though

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm

confucious wrote: has the position of corps director been filled yet? what about instructional staff?
Fillydog wrote:Nope not yet....and instructional staff will be put together by the corps director. A few of us alumni also can help on the staff if desired.

Are you interested in the position? Let me know who you are eh? :)
confucious wrote:If I lived in the area it would definitely be a possibility, but I do know people that may be interested and have been in the activity for a while instructing. I asked because I understood that you had chosen someone from So Cal already, but if it's open, I can definitely spread the word.

Thank you for the offer though
Fillydog wrote:Thank you soooooooo much. I appreciate any help. The other person didn't work out so yes it's definitely open. We have a couple candidates but nothing solid yet.

User avatar
MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:18 am
Location: Riverside
Contact:

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by MusicCoach » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:01 pm

Fillydog wrote:
confucious wrote: has the position of corps director been filled yet? what about instructional staff?
Fillydog wrote:Nope not yet....and instructional staff will be put together by the corps director. A few of us alumni also can help on the staff if desired.

Are you interested in the position? Let me know who you are eh? :)
confucious wrote:If I lived in the area it would definitely be a possibility, but I do know people that may be interested and have been in the activity for a while instructing. I asked because I understood that you had chosen someone from So Cal already, but if it's open, I can definitely spread the word.



Thank you for the offer though
Fillydog wrote:Thank you soooooooo much. I appreciate any help. The other person didn't work out so yes it's definitely open. We have a couple candidates but nothing solid yet.

Any upadates on what is going on with this organization
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Junior Corps Director....

Post by Fillydog » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:41 am

MusicCoach wrote:Any upadates on what is going on with this organization.
Revamping structure, corporate sponsorship, horns and the new director. We also have new blood on our board, one from the Crossmen, another who's a CEO of a bio fuels corporation helping. Still lots of "behind the scenes work being done. We want this to "stick" and not be just a flash in the pan for one season,etc.

Post Reply