Brian Mason Joins Mapex & Majestic Family

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

a_kist

Brian Mason Joins Mapex & Majestic Family

Post by a_kist » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Nashville, TN – Mapex Drums and Majestic Percussion are thrilled to announce the addition of Dr. Brian Mason to their world-renowned artist and education roster. Brian currently serves as Associate Professor of Percussion at Morehead State University in Morehead, Kentucky.

Dr. Brian Mason is a highly respected innovator of the contemporary marching percussion ensemble. In high demand as a clinician, designer, and adjudicator, he has traveled extensively throughout the United States, Japan, Canada, Korea and Mexico. His career in the DCI activity has spanned more than two decades, with his most noted work coming via the Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, and the Santa Clara Vanguard, claiming numerous awards and honors with these organizations during his tenure.

“Brian’s contributions to the percussive arts are truly remarkable,” says Mike Robinson, Director of Marketing for KHS America. “His insight and guidance will serve as critical components in the continued success of our percussion brands.”

Dr. Mason received his D.M.A. and B.M. as a student of James B. Campbell at the University of Kentucky, and his M.M. at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas as a student of Dr. Dean Gronemeier. He is a member of the Vic Firth Education Committee, the Percussive Arts Society Health and Wellness Committee, and the Percussive Arts Society Marching Percussion Committee. He recently compiled the curriculum for Vic Firth Corporation’s PERCUSSION 101, a video series that provides students and instructors with a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental techniques for the marching percussion section. The video features Mason and the four time National Champion Morehead State University Marching Percussion Ensemble.

“Mapex is the hottest percussion brand on the market today,” says Mason. “Since day one I’ve felt right at home with the Mapex/Majestic family. Whether I am teaching in my studio at Morehead State University or on stage performing, I know that the music I am expressing is going to be enhanced by the quality of the Mapex and Majestic instruments.”

In addition to his studio at Morehead State University, Brian is a contract section player with the Lexington Philharmonic Orchestra, and appears as a guest artist with many high school and university percussion ensembles across the country.
mason.jpg
mason.jpg (23.43 KiB) Viewed 3245 times