World of Pageantry
http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/

City Sound coming to DCI in 2010!!! NEW STAFF LEADS THE WAY
http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17794
Page 1 of 3

Author:  nlewiss [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  City Sound coming to DCI in 2010!!! NEW STAFF LEADS THE WAY

Media Contact:
City Sound Drum & Bugle Corps
TEL 615-556-2270
Lauren McCawley
lmccawley@gmail.com


It’s Official:
City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bell Gardens, CA (March 1, 2010) -- City Sound is thrilled to announce its DCI debut for the 2010 season. The drum and bugle corps will participate in DCI events throughout the summer. The corps will feature a full horn line, percussion section, and color guard.

During the month of April, City Sound is accepting membership applications from qualified musicians. Simply email us at info@city-sound.org for a membership packet. Then bring the completed packet to one of our scheduled rehearsals, and we will show you what City Sound can do for you. (See website for schedule.)

Our award-winning, professional staff wants members to excel with City Sound just as the thousands of other students they have taught nationwide over the past 30 years.

Director Nathaniel Lewis recognizes that the challenges to march in a competitive drum corps are difficult adding, “We know you are just as concerned about your wallet as you are about the quality of your Drum Corps experience. That is why we have put together a top-quality program at the lowest possible prices.”

For more information on City Sound, please contact Nathaniel Lewis at nlewis@city-sound.org or visit http://www.city-sound.org.

# # #


About City Sound

City Sound Drum & Bugle Corps is a youth organization committed to shaping lives of character through the performing arts and music education.

City Sound is sponsored by, Kanstul Musical Instruments, Yamaha Percussion, Pro-Mark, 2 Cool Percussion, and Offworld Percussion.

Author:  Hostrauser [ Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Congrats, I guess. But "It's Official" would mean there was an announcement from DCI, and I can't find one on their site. In fact, I can't find any mention of City Sound on dci.org, not even in the list of "corps being evaluated for participation in the 2010 season":
http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Can you clarify this?

Author:  confucious [ Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

yes can you clarify? i also do not see you anywhere on the dci site or being evaluated.

are you actually talking about competing or just doing some sort of show before or after the actual competition at some shows?

good luck anyway hope this is all true

btw saw you had major changes on your staff good thing that "person" is gone

Author:  nlewiss [ Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Hostrauser wrote:
Congrats, I guess. But "It's Official" would mean there was an announcement from DCI, and I can't find one on their site. In fact, I can't find any mention of City Sound on dci.org, not even in the list of "corps being evaluated for participation in the 2010 season":
http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Can you clarify this?


When have you ever seen a list of Corps that are being evaluated on DCI's sit? You are a "Moderator" for this site, you should be more careful with what you write. Someone may actually think you know what you are talking about.

Author:  nlewiss [ Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

confucious wrote:
btw saw you had major changes on your staff good thing that "person" is gone


Change is a good thing....

Author:  Bandmaster [ Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

nlewiss wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Congrats, I guess. But "It's Official" would mean there was an announcement from DCI, and I can't find one on their site. In fact, I can't find any mention of City Sound on dci.org, not even in the list of "corps being evaluated for participation in the 2010 season":
http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Can you clarify this?


When have you ever seen a list of Corps that are being evaluated on DCI's sit? You are a "Moderator" for this site, you should be more careful with what you write. Someone may actually think you know what you are talking about.


Jus t for clarification.... DCI's west coast management has NEVER been on par with their managment of the rest of the country. Their west coast people are famous for NOT communicating well, so it is NOT surprizing that there is no mention of City Sound's status on DCI's website. My experince over the years has taught me to just wait till the first show in June to see first hand what is happening. Either that or go to watch some rehearsals first hand to see for myself.

That being said, I know that City Sound has been active in the winter percussion circuit for many years now and are a viable unit. I personally know several of their instructors, so I am willing wait and see how they do. Good luck to them and see you at the first show!

Author:  confucious [ Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

nlewiss wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Congrats, I guess. But "It's Official" would mean there was an announcement from DCI, and I can't find one on their site. In fact, I can't find any mention of City Sound on dci.org, not even in the list of "corps being evaluated for participation in the 2010 season":
http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Can you clarify this?


When have you ever seen a list of Corps that are being evaluated on DCI's sit? You are a "Moderator" for this site, you should be more careful with what you write. Someone may actually think you know what you are talking about.



IF YOU click on the link he's giving you, DCI HAS INDEED begun to list ONLY the corps that are being evaluated for this year, and your comment would be incorrect. Hostrauser DOES KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS TALKING ABOUT, that is for sure.

Go check out the link and see again for yourself

Author:  Bandmaster [ Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

confucious wrote:
nlewiss wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Congrats, I guess. But "It's Official" would mean there was an announcement from DCI, and I can't find one on their site. In fact, I can't find any mention of City Sound on dci.org, not even in the list of "corps being evaluated for participation in the 2010 season":
http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Can you clarify this?


When have you ever seen a list of Corps that are being evaluated on DCI's sit? You are a "Moderator" for this site, you should be more careful with what you write. Someone may actually think you know what you are talking about.



IF YOU click on the link he's giving you, DCI HAS INDEED begun to list ONLY the corps that are being evaluated for this year, and your comment would be incorrect. Hostrauser DOES KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS TALKING ABOUT, that is for sure.

Go check out the link and see again for yourself


Apparently you didn't read what I posted.... How many time have you personally been envolved with the DCI evaluation process? I have several times! Do you personally know the folks in charge of DCI's west coast operations? I have delt with them many times over the years, I know how they do things. Hostrauser DOES NOT have any first hand knowledge of this process or this potential drum corps. It is hard enough for new corps to get off the ground, is it our forum's purpose to add more problems to their list of things for them to overcome. We should be offering our encouragement unless we have credible, first hand knowledge of reasons not to support them.

Anybody else want to challenge me on this issue....?

Author:  MaestroOfBandX [ Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Bandmaster wrote:
Apparently you didn't read what I posted.... How many time have you personally been envolved with the DCI evaluation process? I have several times! Do you personally know the folks in charge of DCI's west coast operations? I have delt with them many times over the years, I know how they do things. Hostrauser DOES NOT have any first hand knowledge of this process or this potential drum corps. It is hard enough for new corps to get off the ground, is it our forum's purpose to add more problems to their list of things for them to overcome. We should be offering our encouragement unless we have credible, first hand knowledge of reasons not to support them.

Anybody else want to challenge me on this issue....?


:tup: :clap2: :bow:

Author:  mnstudio [ Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Bandmaster is correct...
DCI-Pacific does their evaluation different than the rest of DCI Regions

I know I've sat on the evaluation committee for a couple of years for the All Age corps and the process is different. No one gets listed on the DCI site or in a show until their evaluation is approved by the advisory committee.

Author:  te7777777 [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

DCI has changed this year the way that they show evaluating corps. Before you had to wait until your corps evaluation was completed and then they would put the corps info up on the website and add you to the show schedule. Because they where getting to many call and problem with people asking about these corps, DCI has changed and has decided to acknowledge evaluating corps and has added a new section on the website that list all corps that have paid their fees and have started the evaluation process. It does not matter what region you are in. If you have paid your fees and started the evaluation processes your corps will be listed on the website under the corps being evaluated. If your corps is not listed their and you think you’re doing something this year you better be on the phone with DCI and get you ducks in order.

Now what is different about the Pacific Region is that all corps wanting to participate in show in the Pacific Region also has to pay the Pacific Region Membership Fee and be voted in as a member or an associate member.

Author:  Hostrauser [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

te7777777 wrote:
DCI has changed this year the way that they show evaluating corps. Before you had to wait until your corps evaluation was completed and then they would put the corps info up on the website and add you to the show schedule. Because they where getting to many call and problem with people asking about these corps, DCI has changed and has decided to acknowledge evaluating corps and has added a new section on the website that list all corps that have paid their fees and have started the evaluation process. It does not matter what region you are in. If you have paid your fees and started the evaluation processes your corps will be listed on the website under the corps being evaluated. If your corps is not listed their and you think you’re doing something this year you better be on the phone with DCI and get you ducks in order.

Thank you.

I thought this "regional" stuff went the way of the dodo. Meaning that unlike in the past where various branches of the country operated independently but in coordination with DCI (remember DCMidwest, and all the funky DCM scores that used to happen in the 80s and 90s before the Cavs, Scouts and Phantom hooked up with the "main" DCI tour?), *ALL* DCI sites and shows now interface directly with DCI. Sure, there are regional offices, coordinators, managers, etc., but they all report back to Indianapolis.

My ENTIRE beef is that any announcements about a corps joining DCI should at least be SUPPORTED by information from DCI itself. We certainly have had more than enough instances in the past of "instructors" claiming to be with ensembles that had never heard of them, or ensembles claiming to be with circuits/organizations when all the paperwork wasn't in order yet, to make me leery of such claims when there is absolutely zero corroboration.

Author:  Bandmaster [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Gee, it's nice to see that Kevin is willing to believe someone, who created a new username and forum account to post one message, over those of us that have been involved with this forum and DCI Pacific for many years. We know first hand that not all on the west coast operates the way one would expect, but nobody is willing to listen. Oh well... maybe I'll just close down the forum and let somebody else start one and administer it along with all the headaches... :roll:

Author:  mnstudio [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Then I guess my time sitting on the DCI - Pacific Advisory committee was just a dream...

The Pacific is the only one with a advisory committee and runs it's own region, all of the other regions are run by DCI's Head Office...

Author:  Hostrauser [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Hostrauser wrote:
My ENTIRE beef is that any announcements about a corps joining DCI should at least be SUPPORTED by information from DCI itself.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/