City Sound coming to DCI in 2010!!! NEW STAFF LEADS THE WAY

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

te7777777

Re: It’s Official: City Sound is coming to DCI in 2010!!!

Post by te7777777 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:04 am

Dave and Mike, Sorry you don’t recognize who I am. I just created a new user name, because I don’t usually post on these things and I did not have a username. I just posted to help clarify the new process that DCI put into place this year at the 2 meeting one in December, and the other one in January, (Mike I have not seen you at the meeting for a while now) I am not new to this activity. I am just not the one that needs to commit on every little detail that is going on. I am here to help provide for the kids that want to do this activity that is Drum Corps.

As for City Sound, I am just posting here to help them. They have not gone to the meetings and from what I understand from Tom Hope and the discussion at the Pacific meeting in January, they have not really done the thing they need to do to become a member of DCI and the Pacific Region. That is why they are not listed on DCI web site and are not on the DCI schedule.

Troy Emmons,
Board President VK Youth Arts Organization 2006-Present
San Francisco Renegades Drum and bugle Corps 2003-2005 Soprano
Dream Drum and bugle Corps 2003 Soprano
Founding Board Member/Treasure/Cook Impulse Drum and bugle Corps 1998-2002
Helped Many Corps from 1995 to present with Horn Repair (West Coast Sound, SCV, Renegades, Blue Knights)
Velvet Knights Drum and bugle Corps support staff Driver/Cook 1994-1995
Kanstul Musical Instruments 1992-present
Velvet Knights Drum and bugle Corps 1991-1993 Mellophone

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 am

Over the years I have heard so many similar stories of change from DCI Pacific, if this one is really true it will be a pleasant surprize. But in the past things didn't really change much, so excuse me if I want to wait and see if these changes really come to pass. The press release in question was issued on March 1st, so there a chance that since the meeting in January City Sound took care of their business with DCI Pacific. The whole point is NOBODY HERE KNOWS FOR SURE! So why don't we stop kicking City Sound until someone finds out some real FACTS!!!!!!!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cymtech » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 pm

i like how my comment got deleted...

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:00 pm

and I'm sure this one will too.

Good luck to City Sound

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:26 pm

cymtech wrote:i like how my comment got deleted...
It was valueless and added nothing to the conversation. A category an alarming percentage of your comments fall into, I might add.

But I echo tSz42's sentiment. Regardless of the concerns I have over City Sound's announcement, good luck to them and I hope to see them on the field in a few months.

nlewiss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nlewiss » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 pm

te7777777 wrote:DCI has changed this year the way that they show evaluating corps. Before you had to wait until your corps evaluation was completed and then they would put the corps info up on the website and add you to the show schedule. Because they where getting to many call and problem with people asking about these corps, DCI has changed and has decided to acknowledge evaluating corps and has added a new section on the website that list all corps that have paid their fees and have started the evaluation process. It does not matter what region you are in. If you have paid your fees and started the evaluation processes your corps will be listed on the website under the corps being evaluated. If your corps is not listed their and you think you’re doing something this year you better be on the phone with DCI and get you ducks in order.

Now what is different about the Pacific Region is that all corps wanting to participate in show in the Pacific Region also has to pay the Pacific Region Membership Fee and be voted in as a member or an associate member.
http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Please see above link

On April 9, City Sound will begin weekly Friday night rehearsals, 6pm to 9pm at Bell Gardens HS.

Shortly you will be able to check our website for a list of camp weekends. Interested performers are welcome to stop by and see if we are the Corps for them.

Additionally, we have added a few more”KEY” staff members to our team. Stop by our website to see the positive steps we are taking to build a quality Corps.

http://www.City-Sound.org
Last edited by nlewiss on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathaniel Lewis
Director
City Sound Drum & Bugle Corps

Sometimes the grass really is greener on the other side.

MaestroOfBandX
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MaestroOfBandX » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:48 pm

nlewiss wrote:http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Pease see above link
Well I guess all of the nay-sayers are eating crow!!!!

Perhaps some people will now be a little more restrained with their first reactionary coments. Then again, maybe not.

Way to go City Sound! Good luck with the evaluation process.

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by confucious » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 pm

te7777777 wrote:Dave and Mike, Sorry you don’t recognize who I am. I just created a new user name, because I don’t usually post on these things and I did not have a username. I just posted to help clarify the new process that DCI put into place this year at the 2 meeting one in December, and the other one in January, (Mike I have not seen you at the meeting for a while now) I am not new to this activity. I am just not the one that needs to commit on every little detail that is going on. I am here to help provide for the kids that want to do this activity that is Drum Corps.

As for City Sound, I am just posting here to help them. They have not gone to the meetings and from what I understand from Tom Hope and the discussion at the Pacific meeting in January, they have not really done the thing they need to do to become a member of DCI and the Pacific Region. That is why they are not listed on DCI web site and are not on the DCI schedule.

Troy Emmons,
Helped Many Corps from 1995 to present with Horn Repair (West Coast Sound, SCV, Renegades, Blue Knights)

THERE YOU GO....posted now, good, te7777777 was correcct, thank you

mnstudio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mnstudio » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Te7777777 was not correct...
We were at the DCI-P meeting in the fall he even ask me a question about City Sound and the Director was sitting right next to me, plus I was up front sitting with the advisory board. DCI was waiting on one little piece of paperwork, before they post...
Michael Nash
Chevaliers 73-74
Royal Chevalier 75
Osage Precisionaires 76
SSF Conquistador 79-80
Renegades Charter member - 2000
SoCal Dream - 2002-2014
Watchmen 2016-Present

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:56 am

nlewiss wrote:http://www.dci.org/corps/list.cfm?class_id=2

Pease see above link
This was all I was waiting for from the very beginning.

Congratulations to City Sound and best of luck this summer!

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by confucious » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:18 am

mnstudio wrote:Te7777777 was not correct...
We were at the DCI-P meeting in the fall he even ask me a question about City Sound and the Director was sitting right next to me, plus I was up front sitting with the advisory board. DCI was waiting on one little piece of paperwork, before they post...

what i meant to say is that it was correct when saying that when everythign is in order than dci will put them on the list

City Sound, good luck to you

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Re: City Sound coming to DCI in 2010!!! NEW STAFF LEADS THE WAY

Post by cymtech » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm

flippin and floppin...

the tap dance continues.

Good luck city sound!

nlewiss
Rookie
Rookie

Re: City Sound coming to DCI in 2010!!! NEW STAFF LEADS THE WAY

Post by nlewiss » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm

I think we are ready. Our evaluation is scheduled for April 25th. Wish us luck!
Nathaniel Lewis
Director

nlewiss
Rookie
Rookie

City Sound coming to DCI in 2010!!! NEW STAFF LEADS THE WAY

Post by nlewiss » Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Last edited by nlewiss on Fri May 21, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathaniel Lewis
Director

nlewiss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nlewiss » Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

te7777777 wrote:Dave and Mike, Sorry you don’t recognize who I am. I just created a new user name, because I don’t usually post on these things and I did not have a username. I just posted to help clarify the new process that DCI put into place this year at the 2 meeting one in December, and the other one in January, (Mike I have not seen you at the meeting for a while now) I am not new to this activity. I am just not the one that needs to commit on every little detail that is going on. I am here to help provide for the kids that want to do this activity that is Drum Corps.

Troy Emmons,
http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_i ... f8aa8ca510
Nathaniel Lewis
Director