IMPULSE ALIVE AND KICKIN BUTT!! ---JOIN NOW!!

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

bigocz
New Recruit
New Recruit

IMPULSE ALIVE AND KICKIN BUTT!! ---JOIN NOW!!

Post by bigocz » Mon May 04, 2009 12:38 am

Need I say more?

bigocz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: IMPULSE ALIVE AND KICKIN BUTT!! ---JOIN NOW!!

Post by bigocz » Mon May 04, 2009 3:24 pm

bump

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Tue May 05, 2009 12:54 pm

by alive and kicking butt, do you mean they are still going on national tour? i know a couple of my students were told this, then it was dropped. but i don't think fees went down, did they? what's the status behind the hype? tour vs no-tour? lower fees?

bigocz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bigocz » Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 pm

Time to go to an Impulse Camp or rehearsal and find out why and how.

Impulse....follow yours!

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:18 am

Last edited by curios0811 on Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat May 23, 2009 7:07 pm

curios0811 wrote:i heard no national tour.

and regards to doing a drum corp, and waiste of time and whatever. i have a couple former student that went to a corp and now dont want to go their or anywere this season. i said, just go somewere else but they prefer to do nothing this summer and maybe go next summer.

thank you
You have command of the English language, yes?

Apparently not. But thanks for your input. Very enlightening. Too bad your students don't see the benefit of a drum and bugle corps experience. Their loss.

Do you have a point to your posts by the way? And do you want to stop hiding behind a screen name and man up to identify yourself?

Ahhhh....again....apparently not. But you go right ahead and keep commenting there, sport.

Euphman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Euphman » Sat May 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:

and regards to doing a drum corp, and waiste of time and whatever. i have a couple former student that went to a corp and now dont want to go their or anywere this season. i said, just go somewere else but they prefer to do nothing this summer and maybe go next summer.

thank you
You have command of the English language, yes?

Apparently not. But thanks for your input. Very enlightening. Too bad your students don't see the benefit of a drum and bugle corps experience. Their loss.

Do you have a point to your posts by the way? And do you want to stop hiding behind a screen name and man up to identify yourself?

Ahhhh....again....apparently not. But you go right ahead and keep commenting there, sport.
Hey Ryan, why can't someone have an opinion on an organization without you tearing them down? Kids today have to shell out big bucks to march, and shopping for a drum corps is no different than shopping for any other product. Buyer beware, right? If word of mouth says stay away from a particular product, then we owe it to these kids to look out for them. The drum & bugle corps experience isn't always a positive one.

The director from Damien asked whether Impulse was going National or not, and no one bothered answering him. I'm sure there are plenty of Impulse people on this forum who could have answered. All we've gotten so far is "show up to rehearsal and find out." Seriously? That's like asking if a car has brakes and being told "Just take it for a ride and find out."

And easy on the personal attacks. Curios081 didn't get A's in English class. We get it.

John Larson
North Hollywood, CA
Blood Type: O
Favorite Wii Game: Punch-Out!!!!!!!!

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat May 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah...thanks for the explanation. I get that.

Mind answering MY points though?

Euphman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Euphman » Sat May 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:Yeah...thanks for the explanation. I get that.
Good.
Mind answering MY points though?
Sure thing. In a previous thread you said my post was unnecessary. Isn't this a forum for public opinion on the topic of Drum Corps? You posted against a specific guy's shaky command of the English language. Was THAT necessary?

Your beef in that thread was that since I hadn't lead a corps to a title I'm not entitled to "open my trap." Really? Hmmmmmm....well to clear up your confusion, I was poking fun at a silly sales pitch......on a public forum.....ABOUT DRUM CORPS.

Also, most people on here are anonymous. At least to the point that you can't figure out who they are by their screen name. But you can ask them, right? You can certainly ask me. Ask away. I'll give you my cell number and we'll go grab a beer and talk all night about the pro's and con's of local drum corps. First round's on me :D

Anyhow, I'm in a good mood. Lakers just won!!!!!!!!

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Sun May 24, 2009 11:00 pm

thank you
Experience tells me if they sit at home this summer they will probably sit at home next summer too. Are you happy now? After all, they learn from your example! You talk down about units within the activity, so why would they WANT to march after listening to you?

With your self expressed knowledge of the activity, why aren't you instructing with a unit this summer?
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 am

You know while the tone of this topic has taken a turn for the worse. I find it stange that it's not ok to ask if a corp is going on tour. And twice as strange that the response to the question was "come to rehearsal"

I'm not trying to be rude here but if I am a kid that wants to march and go on tour I dont want to get told to show up and then told no tour. It's not fair to the potential member who will then maybe miss out because they could have gone somewhere that was going on tour.

If your going on tour, great and if not that's fine too but IMO it's bad business to not be forthcoming with the information.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:42 am

Last edited by curios0811 on Sun May 31, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo

VKSEC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by VKSEC » Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 am

curios0811 wrote:Ryan, i know your not talking. Are you in charge of VK? Oh, your not. But im sure your affiliated with them some how since your email has vk in it. I had 3 kids go there this year with the promise of them marching in the battry and drum of their choice. I went to their rehearsal and watch them for a little bit and took off. The next day i had all 3 come to me and say that they wanted them all playing something else. Thats shady. And then they didnt want to return their money? Whats up with that?

And Dave, ive had former drummers march in SCV and BD. The experience that they got last year ruined drum corp for them. One of them even got a shot to march scvs this year and he turned it down. He came me for advice and i even offered to help pay but his experience last year gave him a bad taste in his mouth and now he is taking the summer off.

This wouldnt be the first time this has happened either. I know plenty of people who march top notch corps and get a bad experience. Also the little ones. But to dish out all the money for a lie. Thats messed up.

Its pretty bad how you guys can bash on how i write or type. You guys dont even know if english is my first language or not. And your the older generation. Ya, i didnt get A's in english. Cuz that wasent my first language. But you understand what im saying. Pretty pathetic on your end. Got an issue with me. email me..........

Hi Steve:
I usually do not post on these type of subjects, but you are making FALSE accusations towards the corps that I run, about "your drummers", and so you've now forced me to do so.

First of all, only ONE of them paid the registration fee. The other two did not.

Second, they only stayed for a couple of hours, on a Friday night, because they had practice with Riverside Independent Percussion, a group that you run. They came back the following Saturday, AFTER, their competition, and again, stayed for only a couple of hours.

Third, they were NEVER promised a spot, especially "on the drum of their choice" as you state. Heck, my staff didn't even know them, let alone promise them a spot?

Please, in the future, make sure that you have your facts straight, before making these type of accusations on a public forum, towards us, OR any other drum corps.

Having an opinion is one thing, making false accusations is totally wrong.
Mayra Iraheta
Corps Director
VK Youth Arts Organization
www.vkyao.org
mayra@vkyao.org

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:32 am

pm me
Yo

press.enter
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by press.enter » Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 pm

if you like music you can do drum corps or take private lessons. whats the big fuss.

geez.
... and boom.