New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: So sad...it's not true

Post by bigocz » Mon May 04, 2009 12:32 am

HI...My Name is Ron Z

I helped found Impulse.
I'm aware of the corps situation..

IT is NOT folding.
IN fact, it will have a super Kick Butt show for the kids and the fans.
The Drumline Smokes, THe Guard is one of the largest in the corps history and now it needs brass players to attend rehearsals regularly.

AND the corps is in better financial health than many of the other local open class corps in the region.

Hope this ends the rumors.
And I hope this allows kids who have shown up "once" and saw a poorly attended brass turnout.... to show up, Stay... to create BIG brass turnouts.

It's just been one of those years where a ton of brass players have shown up without consistency and when kids with school functions are not there, things look small.

If everyone who come to a rehearsal would show and stay..there would be well over 40 horn players standing making awesome music.

So.....Show up, join, stay and it will grow.

I'm no longer directly involved with the Day to Day's at Impulse, but I get regular reports and I volunteer my time when called upon.

Remember Follow your Impulse! Because everything else is marching band! (which isn't a bad thing, it's not marching band)

Ron Z
C0-founder
Impulse 1998 - present
Logo designer, uniform designer
Former Director, former VP Board of Directors
Former Drill Designer, Former Program Coordinator

"Original" Velvet Knight Alumni (63-97..RIP)
Lead/Solo Baritone 1980-85
VK Palm try Logo designer
Staff Member 87,89,90,97
PS: If anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail me at RonZeilinger@hotmail.com

Kingsmen Alumni Corps
Upper Lead Bari 2006-2007

Freelancer Alumni Corps
Upper Lead Bari 2008 - Present

Drill Designer since 1986 and counting.

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: So sad...it's not true

Post by confucious » Mon May 04, 2009 9:04 am

AND the corps is in better financial health than many of the other local open class corps in the region.
and how are you the "expert" on what other corps financial "health" is? are you all up in their business? MAKE THAT CLEAR, just like everyone wanted me to make clear what the kids at my school, Whittier, are saying and going thru

twinmomma
Rookie
Rookie

Re: So sad

Post by twinmomma » Mon May 04, 2009 9:09 am

And why is it that all of a sudden when someone FROM IMPULSE comes out to clear the air, confucious has to come out with another "stir the pot" post.

Confucious needs to gain some wisdom and stay out of it. If you aren't trying to be in the group, and have "friends" concerned about the status of the group, tell your "friends" to talk to the directors at Impulse, rather than posting inflammatory things here. Do you really think you'll get answers with the tone and content of what you post?
~twinmomma

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: So sad

Post by malletphreak » Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 am

ay.. this is not going any where...

confucious Get your facts straight before posting.

at this point in time it does not sound nor look like Impulse will be folding any time soon.

with that said and done consider this thread locked
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013