Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

RBVT--BONE
New Recruit
New Recruit
Location: Vista-RBVs band room (probly on the piano), or work, or schrewel

Impulse still accepting brass players!!

Post by RBVT--BONE » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:02 pm

deleted
Last edited by RBVT--BONE on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
05-06: RAIN-Guinestera
Estancia
Nimrod from Enigma Variations: IV
Pampeana

06-07: Appalachian Springs (Aaron Copland)
opnr---^^
Appalachian Echoes
Finale

07-08: INSPIRE!! (Metheny)
Minuano 6/8
Under the Sun
Rainforest

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Impulse still accepting brass players!!

Post by confucious » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:12 am

pretty interesting that you are doing exactly what you think other corps do

:kill:

no wonder.......

bigocz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bigocz » Mon May 04, 2009 12:41 am

confucious wrote:pretty interesting that you are doing exactly what you think other corps do

no wonder.......
It IS Interesting and there IS NO Wonder.

JOIN IMPULSE!!! You'll have the best time of your LIFE!!

bigocz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bigocz » Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm

bump

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Tue May 05, 2009 12:57 pm

what is this "bump" business? did i miss something?

i wanted to get something clear for a couple students of mine. is there or is there not going to be a national tour? if so, what are the dates and schedule? if not, are the fees being lowered?

twinmomma
Rookie
Rookie

Post by twinmomma » Tue May 05, 2009 3:49 pm

When you "bump" a thread, you post the word and the new posting forces it to the top of the list again
~twinmomma

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue May 05, 2009 4:29 pm

It is preferred that bumps happen no more than once per week, per thread, and that a bump is not initiated until a week after the last post.

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by confucious » Fri May 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Hostrauser wrote:It is preferred that bumps happen no more than once per week, per thread, and that a bump is not initiated until a week after the last post.
agreed

bigocz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bigocz » Fri May 22, 2009 11:58 pm

Time for more brass players who want an excellent experience with an excellent staff, with an excellent show, and an excellent schedule for working people, summer school people or just people who want to enjoy being with the only corps in Orange County to win a DCI National Title in the last 35+ years.

Impulse....follow yours!

Camp at Cal High in Whittier this weekend. Show up and be happy you did!

Visit www.impulseyoutharts.org for more info!

Euphman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Euphman » Sat May 23, 2009 12:30 am

bigocz wrote:......enjoy being with the only corps in Orange County to win a DCI National Title in the last 35+ years.
That's an infomercial-quality sales pitch right there! I guess technically no other OC corps has won a title since Kingsmen in '72, BUUUUUUUUUT I'm sure both the Original VK & Kingsmen could have won a few more titles if they had also been bumped down to Division III :shock:

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:24 am

ya, very true. i was laughing actually pretty hard on this. no offence, i had students that wont that year but that sales pitch was pretty funny :rotf:
Yo

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat May 23, 2009 7:03 pm

I know I probably am inviting ridicule by making a comment, as well as I should know that any "war of words" on an online forum is probably futile, but I find it sad that a drum and bugle corps organization would be "faulted" by two ANONYMOUS posters making snide comments about a "selling point". Especially Euphman--with your hilariously unnecessary comparison. Impulse won the title. That's a fact. They also won it against a full slate of other corps that year. That's also a fact. By your inference that it's less important or less worthy of being a proud part of Impulse's history because it's Division III, and that your assumption that if VK or K-Men were "bumped down" that they'd have won too is just plain out stupid. And as I said, unnecessary.

When you can claim the ability to lead a corps of ANY size to ANY national title and have the satisfaction that you were able to get together a disparate group of kids working to a common goal putting together an entertaining show and doing the best they can, I guess you can open your trap then. But until then, I guess you'll just sit back in anonymity making your pokes about a well-respected, long-time goal oriented organization that is doing it's best with a whole host of challenges that are far more important than your silly concerns.

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat May 23, 2009 7:04 pm

dupe

Euphman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Euphman » Sat May 23, 2009 7:54 pm

I should know that any "war of words" on an online forum is probably futile
Yes, you SHOULD know. I didn't attack the organization, I made fun of the cheap salesman tactics. It's still America. Thank you.
I find it sad that a drum and bugle corps organization would be "faulted" by two ANONYMOUS posters
Why am I anonymous, because I don't use my full name/home address/blood type as my screen name? Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. I post on this forum plenty. If you want to know more about me, be an adult and PM me.

Ok , back to the Laker game. It's looking scary for the home team!

DrummerDad
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DrummerDad » Sun May 24, 2009 6:29 pm

FACT! Impulse won DCI Div III

I guess some poster insinuated that it isn't worth much, because "they" said kingsmen or vk could win it if they were to drop into Div III.

That's is a stupid statement. They were not. And which years of VK or Kingsmen would have been the size necessary to compete in Div III in 2006........

Sure it's is a Sales Pitch. It is very competitive in So Cal now.

It is easy to see every post offering news about a rehearsal or an event for their drum corps is a sales pitch.

Why does the North Hollywood guy want to make fun of it? Because he desires to make it an ineffective point of consideration for kids who want to consider Impulse?

Is everyone who is posting a negative tone and openly questioning "Impulse positive posts" doing it with the intent of creating doubt about the legitimate VALUE or decision making of the Impulse organization?

And WHY?? Why don't you all go give a hard time to VK or GOLD or INCOGNITO or MYSTIKAL??????

Or have you?

Sounds like there are dark forces attempting to douse a very bright light in this region called IMPULSE.

Members SHOULD consider IMPULSE as it has successfully competed now for 10 seasons and 11 years of operation.

People should consider IMPULSE for their staff, and the quality education they will receive from their Experience.

Posters should continue to make fun of every post going up to Promote this fantastic, steady eddie, and consistent corps. So Far it has been great advertising for Impulse as their membership increased substantially over this weekend since these posts have hit the internet.

My Kid marched Impulse a few years before aging out of a Div I finalist corps and it was an incredibly positive experience for him and us (his parents) Our experiences with div I corps were not that different from Impulse. In some cases the kids at Impulse have it better!

What a wonderful organization. They genuinely care about how the kids are treated, educated and present themselves as members of Impulse.

Making fun of the posts and attempting to "call them out" is really an amateurish attempt at negative counter advertising.

I've met kids and parents in other corps, they are all great, but if we had to do it all over again and choose a corps to start with and stick with for a few years....I would Pick Impulse in a heart beat.

I would follow our IMPULSE...thank you.

And as for whether or not Impulse is touring Nationally is IRRELEVANT.

The VALUE is BEING in this great corps and organization, NOT going to DCI Finals. It wouldn't have made a difference for us.

And for those of you who think it is a waste of time to not go to DCI finals or a National tour, Are you also saying that to ALL the corps not going on a national tour? Do you know who THEY are? or are you just trying to create doubt to STEAL Impulse MEMBERS????

That isn't being "informative" or presenting something to consider, it's being an ASS and trying to turn members away and that is BAD!!

As for Mr Turner. Stop ticking him off. He has been an objective supporter of All the drum corps in the region.

You yahoo's out there need to do something more positive with your time aside from getting your jollies trying to tear down Impulse Posts and posters.

And attack on Impulse IS a personal attack to every GREAT person involved there.

The FACT that Impulse is an ALL Volunteer organization and has been for 11 years is a tremendous testimony to the love and quality of person who chooses to work and participate there. I've experienced it first hand, they are wonderful people!!! and it is a Wonderful program and deserves to "ADVERTISE"" that they are a DCI Champion! Div III or not, there still only had to be 3 chamions in 2006 and IMPULSE was one of them (I think its champion envy at work here)

That's my 2 cents. Have at it.