Blue Devil clinic in SoCal Dec 13-14

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

PSeidling
New Recruit
New Recruit

Blue Devil clinic in SoCal Dec 13-14

Post by PSeidling » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Blue Devils hosting a clinic and audition weekend in SoCal.
Dec 13-14 at Damien HS in La Verne:

http://www.bluedevils.org/join/systembl ... ic2008.php

DCINUT
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Blue Devil clinic in SoCal Dec 13-14

Post by DCINUT » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Are you sure this clinic will double as an audition date?

Pat are you now working with BD???

Che!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Che! » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 pm

im pretty sure it's just a clinic. Auditions are on the Dec. 6-7 in concord

PSeidling
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by PSeidling » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 pm

The audition aspect of the weekend is noted on the weblink as such:

This will be primarily a clinic with two full days of learning and performing. For the Brass section ONLY there will be audition opportunities. If you are interested in performing with the 2009 Blue Devils and register for the clinic, we will audition you for the corps during the weekend at no additional costs. If you would like to ONLY audition for the Blue Devils, you will need to sign up through the registration process and pick "Audition only" You will be assigned a slot for audition and will not be able to participate in the clinic.

Am I working for BD now? I have been volunteering for the Blue Devils in a variety of ways since my retirement from Phantom Regiment in late 2006. I've toured a week or 3 with both the A corps and B corps these past 2 summers, and helped manage the BD OnQ Snare Camp last spring. I have a long friendship with Dave Gibbs and Pete Emmons (and Rick Odello too!), and have always been a fan of BD. It's been an honor to help the Blue Devils organization in any way I can. They certainly welcomed me to the west coast with open arms, I try and return the favor anyway I can.

Of course, my 11 yr old step-son was in Blue Devils C this past summer (and he hopes to do it again in 2008!), so my ties are now even more personal.

My wife and I are contributors to Pacific Crest, and I advise Hawthorne Gold and the Impulse BoD when asked. I also try and be active with Vanguard and Vanguard Cadets in whatever capacity Mr. Fiedler requests, as they are not only clients of Stanbury (my day job!) but I am a big fan of both SCV and Jeff. In fact, I am hosting a foreign exchange student from Brazil who is auditoning for SCV's snare line. Perhaps I'll be a "corps Dad" for both BDC and SCV!

Stanbury has 12 DCI corps as clients, and I try to serve all of them as best I can in anyway that is appropriate.

Lastly, I am an advisor to the DCI Board of Directors via my seat on the DCI Participation Review Committee.

So I try and keep busy in the scene and be as useful as I can. I've been in drum corps as a member, instructor or director every year since 1973. A hard habit to break! I have really enjoyed living in California, love the diverse band scene and have been warmly welcomed into the DCI families at BD, SCV, PacCrest, Gold and Impulse. The marching arts fraternity out here is pretty cool and I think I've found my home!
Patrick Seidling
Stanbury Uniforms

PSeidling
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by PSeidling » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 pm

I think I need to learn how to answer questions with a bit more brevity.

:oops:
Patrick Seidling
Stanbury Uniforms

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:02 am

PSeidling wrote:I think I need to learn how to answer questions with a bit more brevity.

:oops:

Oh nooooooooo...go ahead and pontificate away! Take the spotlight from old Mr. Windbag Yours Truly who can make a simple hello into a lifelong adventure into the mists of my memory!!

BREVITY!!?!?!?

BAHHHHHHHHH!!! Overrated!! :rotf: :

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 am

We are really pleased to be able to offer Damien HS as the site for this clinic. There is so much talent in the surrounding area. I'm sure the Blue Devils will only benefit from this event. Class act all the way!