Miyazawa flutes...

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

vollkommen
New Recruit
New Recruit

Miyazawa flutes...

Post by vollkommen » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:51 pm

The flute section leader at my school owns one. It's the most beautiful flute I've ever seen. Sounds great too, although that may be due to her playing. I own a Peal, which I love, but I'd trade mine for hers right now if she offerred. Does anybody else have any experience with these flutes? I know a little bit about them, the company I mean. But I've never seen one of their flutes besides the one I mentioned. Am I just isolated from everything else or does everybody own a Pearl, Yamaha or Gemeinhardt?

element43
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by element43 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:38 pm

Powell and Muramatsu both make wonderful flutes as well although my preference is for a pearl with a wooden head join. What I really like about the Muramatsu is the winged lip plate you can get which is odd at first but really does make for a beautiful tone after getting use to it (which takes all of 2 minutes). What can I say about Powells? I played one scale on a Powell and I never wanted to put it down, absolutely amazing instrument.

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cobybos » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:24 am

Powell's are amazing. You should also check out their Sonare line of flutes which are geared at the high school/early college musicians.

www.powellflutes.com

Gabe

bsnRhapsody
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bsnRhapsody » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:10 pm

let me tell ya..... japanese flutes are the best of the best....

miyazawa, muramatsu, sankyo......best brands i've ever tried.....also very expensive for the very basic kinds!

piccmee

Post by piccmee » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:52 pm

I have a Sonare and it is the most amazing flute I have ever played!!! When I was playing it in the store, I did not want to put it down!

DrumMajorPants

Post by DrumMajorPants » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:02 pm

whats the price range for a good one, i might want to save up for one, i have a pearl which does the job and never did any wrong, but im beginning to move up to a more advanced level, and i want something that is not only going to last, but impress the ones around me, im a little shallow like that :)

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cobybos » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:25 pm

Base price for a Sonare 5000 is $1,250. That is a deal since you get a Powell headjoint with the flute. You have to get a Sonare through a dealer though. Go to www.sonarewinds.com to find a dealer so you can test the flute. You can also go to www.powellflutes.com to download flute music both for free and a small fee, sort of like, iTunes for the flute world.

Gabe

piccmee

Post by piccmee » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:53 am

Mine was a sonare 6000, but it was a gift from my parents. I know that it cost them about 2,000 dollars because I was saving up for one