World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Miyazawa flutes...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:51 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

The flute section leader at my school owns one. It's the most beautiful flute I've ever seen. Sounds great too, although that may be due to her playing. I own a Peal, which I love, but I'd trade mine for hers right now if she offerred. Does anybody else have any experience with these flutes? I know a little bit about them, the company I mean. But I've never seen one of their flutes besides the one I mentioned. Am I just isolated from everything else or does everybody own a Pearl, Yamaha or Gemeinhardt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:38 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Powell and Muramatsu both make wonderful flutes as well although my preference is for a pearl with a wooden head join. What I really like about the Muramatsu is the winged lip plate you can get which is odd at first but really does make for a beautiful tone after getting use to it (which takes all of 2 minutes). What can I say about Powells? I played one scale on a Powell and I never wanted to put it down, absolutely amazing instrument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:24 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Powell's are amazing. You should also check out their Sonare line of flutes which are geared at the high school/early college musicians.

www.powellflutes.com

Gabe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:10 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

let me tell ya..... japanese flutes are the best of the best....

miyazawa, muramatsu, sankyo......best brands i've ever tried.....also very expensive for the very basic kinds!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:52 pm 

I have a Sonare and it is the most amazing flute I have ever played!!! When I was playing it in the store, I did not want to put it down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:02 pm 

whats the price range for a good one, i might want to save up for one, i have a pearl which does the job and never did any wrong, but im beginning to move up to a more advanced level, and i want something that is not only going to last, but impress the ones around me, im a little shallow like that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Base price for a Sonare 5000 is $1,250. That is a deal since you get a Powell headjoint with the flute. You have to get a Sonare through a dealer though. Go to www.sonarewinds.com to find a dealer so you can test the flute. You can also go to www.powellflutes.com to download flute music both for free and a small fee, sort of like, iTunes for the flute world.

Gabe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:53 am 

Mine was a sonare 6000, but it was a gift from my parents. I know that it cost them about 2,000 dollars because I was saving up for one