The UC Irvine Wind Ensemble is back!!!!!

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

The UC Irvine Wind Ensemble is back!!!!!

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:07 am

After getting cancelled earlier this year the Wind Ensemble is back on campus! Last year I was a member before it was cancelled and it was great to play concert pieces at the collegiate level. I got the news today when I checked my email.
Past, Present, and Prospective Band Members,

I am pleased to announce the formation of a new wind ensemble / symphonic band on the campus of UCI for Spring Quarter 2003. Tentatively titled the "Irvine Wind Orchestra", this ensemble will most likely rehearse on Thursday evenings beginning April 3rd and conclude with a concert on Sunday, June 1st.

Music will be drawn from the standard concert band repertoire at the Grade 4-5 level (medium advance), with a particular emphasis on compositions originally conceived for the wind ensemble medium. A possible program for Spring Quarter would be:

Bernstein - Overture to "Candide"
Ticheli - Simple Gifts: Four Shaker Songs
Schumann - Chester
Copland - The Promise of Living

I hope you will consider joining this new ensemble. Additional information will be sent out within the next few week. In the meanwhile, please feel free to email me at markjham@uci.edu with any questions/comments.
Hopefully we'll be able to get all our members back. If any of you live in the Irvine/OC area I believe it is open to community members again.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:56 pm

Shameless bump.

Actually it's confirmed that it's open to community members. If you are in the OC/Irvine area you are welcome to join.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike