Some Symphonic Band problems

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

FlutyCuty16
New Recruit
New Recruit

problems

Post by FlutyCuty16 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:28 pm

Is that Sandra? lol Anyways, especially getting the new freshman...I hope none of the flutes ( the new ones ) don't make it into symphonic band next year because they all suck. I really only noticed one good clarinet too-Grace. When the horns mess up in our band they just stop playing. It makes me so mad. Why don't they just keep playing it's not like they can go back in time and fix it...grrrr. And if O'rian makes it in symphonic band I will kill myself haha. Hey Rita Sue ...Is wind esamble really hard because I'm one of the first flutes in the symphonic band and I think my director is going to put me in wind esamble. How diffrent is it to symphonic band other than only winds are in it? I hope we don't have to audition for anything because I become sooo nervous when I have to audition.And then I get really upset if I didnt do as good as I wanted to. Do you think we'll have to audition? We didnt last year. All I know is that I am gonna have to auditon for piccolo. I'm the only flute other than Sam that can play it though so maybe who knows :O)

-Corrin<3
Principle flute and first piccolo at Knight High

DaRcLaRiNeT910
New Recruit
New Recruit

yes its sandra

Post by DaRcLaRiNeT910 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:02 pm

hey Corrin yea its me!anyways bout whos in symphonic band, do you remember when hambo posted the lists bout who was in which class?those are the people who made it!well the only freshman that are gonna be in symphonic band are allison and grace, the only good new clarinet players!Oh yea i dont think Orian is even good enough to be in symphonic band!
Clarinet in Knight High School Marching Band and Symphonic Band

SwinginClariSaxMan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SwinginClariSaxMan » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:48 pm

Man this has become a KHS symphonic band talk thing. lol. I hope I get put on first in symphonic. He said he was going to last year but never did. My goal this year is to be concert master.
Clarinet in Knight High School Symphonic Band 2004-2005, 2005-2006

Tenor Sax in Knight High School Destiny Alliance Regiment Marching Band 2004-2005, 2005-2006

rita sue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rita sue » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:48 pm

Well you do play more difficult music in wind ensemble...but if you're good enough that your band director is considering putting you in a higher class then you should be fine. It's pretty much the same as any of the lower bands except that everyone's better because we have to audition...
Do you guys have 3 bands? Because we only have wind symphony and wind ensemble...
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."--Spike, BtVS

SwinginClariSaxMan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SwinginClariSaxMan » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:21 pm

Well since we're a new school(3 years) we have the two conert bands(one all intruments the other is for learning tuba, horn, or trombone cause we need more of those in marhcing band), marching band, symphonic band(which is basically wind esemble cause we did get hand selected), and the string orchestra.

Tenor Sax in Knight High School Destiny Alliance Regiment Marching Band 2004-2005, 2005-2006

FlutyCuty16
New Recruit
New Recruit

hjnghj

Post by FlutyCuty16 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:49 pm

Trent, Arent we having a Wind Esamble next year or is that our Junior year? I hope we have one..because Hambo said I would be in it. Me and Megan...Only 4 flutes get to be in it..That sucks that we might have to auditon though I'm gonna get really nervous.lol Hey Sandra! Who is Allison? lol Yeah I don't think that Samantha girl in the clarinets isnt that good ...I look at her from time to time and she doesnt know what she's doing.O'Rian better not make it lol. Man, he thinks he's so good. urghhhh! I've been doing that alot huh? urghhh urghh haha ok yeah bye ttyl peeps!

-Corrin<3
Principle flute and first piccolo at Knight High

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:48 am

Seeing as this is a PUBLIC forum that anyone can read at any time, it would probably be advisable to keep the bad-mouthing of other members of your band to a minimum. I've seen many instances of a director logging on to see one of his students running their mouths online, and it's not a pretty sight.

Also, if you would like to have a detailed discussion about the problems at Knight HS, you can either (a) start up a Knight HS thread or (b) take it to private messaging.

Thanks.

Neo Fantasian
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Neo Fantasian » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:01 pm

Its so great to see you Knight kids really wanting your program to grow. I was pretty impressed by the sound you guys can produce, though I am not really one to really like rock charts. I was the Drum Major for Highland this last season and helped out with your winterguard, and you guys have a lot going for you so please please don't throw it out the door, it would be such a pity. Anyway, if you guys feel like talking feel free to IM at Neo the Sage X. Catch you later.
Highland High School: 02-03, 03-04, 04-05

Windswept Winterguard: 04, 05

RCC Rifle Line '05: We Will Rock You

SwinginClariSaxMan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SwinginClariSaxMan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:28 pm

Yea it would be nice to stop all the talk about whos getting into wind esemble Corrin because i made this topic to get help for the problem I noticed. PM is a good idea or tell me at band camp. lol Thanks for the compliment ex Drum Major of Highland. We all in the program really appreciate it.

khsdm
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by khsdm » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:38 pm

SwinginClariSaxMan wrote:Man this has become a KHS symphonic band talk thing. lol. I hope I get put on first in symphonic. He said he was going to last year but never did. My goal this year is to be concert master.
SaxMan, you know who this is and YOOOUUUUU SWEAR, Brittney's not gona like that, About that concert master thing its ok to dream but then you woke up!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:58 am

pwned