What is the Pacific Northwest Band & Orchestra Clinic

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

What is the Pacific Northwest Band & Orchestra Clinic

Post by JLGORMAN » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:47 pm

I saw on the Woodlands Bands Web Page that their Symphonic Wind Ensemble is appearing in Seattle, WA at the Pacific Northwest Band and Orchestra Clinic, Nov 18-20 . Is this a spinoff of Chicago. The Woodlands decided not to go to BOA Grand Nationals for this event, so is it pretty prestigioius? I had never heard of this event.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

PGOK
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: What is the Pacific Northwest Band & Orchestra Clini

Post by PGOK » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:48 pm

JLGORMAN wrote:I saw on the Woodlands Bands Web Page that their Symphonic Wind Ensemble is appearing in Seattle, WA at the Pacific Northwest Band and Orchestra Clinic, Nov 18-20 . Is this a spinoff of Chicago. The Woodlands decided not to go to BOA Grand Nationals for this event, so is it pretty prestigioius? I had never heard of this event.

This is actually the Western International Band Clinic. It's not as big as Mid West, but still pertty good. This is the 27th annual. It was started by Max McKee who also started the American Band College.

More info can be found here
http://bandworld.org/index.cfm?fuseacti ... &pageid=19
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx