2005 WASBE International Youth Wind Orchestra auditions

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

2005 WASBE International Youth Wind Orchestra auditions

Post by Wildabeast » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:21 pm

For interested parties aged 18-25, I received this email today.

FYI, (W)orld (A)ssociation for (S)ymphonic (B)ands & (E)nsembles

<<
WASBE International Youth Wind Orchestra Audition Now Open! -- Meeting in "Garden City" Singapore 10 - 16 July 2005

Calling all young winds and percussion musicians between age 18 and 25 for an inspiring and educational experience at the WASBE International Youth Wind Orchestra in Singapore 10-16 July 2005.

After 10 long years, the IYWO returns to Asia and meet at "Garden City" Singapore for daily rehearsals and put up a concert as a finale of the 12th WASBE International Conference. Under the baton of Felix Hauswirth and Yasuhide Ito, IYWO participants be able to work closely with other advanced young musicians from around the world and the acclaimed Boston Brass !

IYWO participants will also get to hear the world's finest wind band and access to the seminars and exhibitions throughout the conference.

Led by the Artistic Director Dr. Glenn D. Price, the IYWO gathers in Singapore for a unique experience of music and culture from both East and West. At the IYWO Concert, new works will be premiered - featuring Ito's new composition based on Singaporean Folk tunes. Other pieces include Suite from "The Planets" and a piece by Koh Changsu, a 3rd generation Korean-Japanese composer.

Application for the IYWO is now open for all young musicians age between 18 to 25 (as of July 2005).Deadline 15 Jan 2005
Please visit <http://www.wasbe2005.com/12iyworg.htm>for more information on the IYWO and see the attached application form.

For enquires, please email to MAJ Philip Tng at iywo@wasbe2005.com.

We look forward to meeting you in Singapore!
Please forward this exciting news to all interested parties!

Best Regards.
WASBE Singapore
>>
-Stop global whining.

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:43 am

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone in this forum never took part of the WASBE thing before. It looks very interesting and etc. I just wish I knew what the deadline by. I know it the age of 25. But like what month or etc.

:P 8-) :lol:
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*