Hearing Music That You've Played In Band

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

JediMasterBando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JediMasterBando » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:58 pm

vmbronco wrote: ill hear the song and ?slide? my parts, which looks even wierder than fingering them.
I do that too! :lol:

I've got an even weirder story, though. I was sitting in my car with my trombone (waiting for the bell to ring so I could go up to marching rehearsal) and I got tired of listening to the radio, so I clicked to the CD, which happened to be a collection of tunes played by the Black Watch Regiment Pipes and Drums. I'm a bagpiper too, and when a song came on that I play, I actually started fingering the bagpipe part on the slide of my trombone without even realizing it. :oops:
"Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them. " -Richard Strauss

'05-'08 MSU Spirit of the West Marching Band!
'08 Drum Major

Kappa Kappa Psi- Beta

The Sun Never Sets!
Mt. Carmel '01-'05

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:23 pm

So this one time, I my friend is driving down the road. My other friend is in the front seat, and I am in the back. I get bored of all of the songs. So I tell my friend to roll down all of the windows and turn off the radio. As he is doing that, I pull out my Euphonium. I then proceed to play some rock songs that I had a book of. We are all rocking out, and driving by people who are looking at us like were freaks, but I had fun.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

bariMADNESS
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bariMADNESS » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:19 pm

ahahahaha, that's awesome