New Youth Orchestra in Burbank

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

MrZephyr

New Youth Orchestra in Burbank

Post by MrZephyr » Mon May 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Hello my name is Will Alvarado, the Director of the Burbank Young Musicians; as well as the assistant band director at both Burbank High School and John Burroughs High School. I am posting to get the word out for a great opportunity for young local musicians to continue playing this summer.

I am offering two Jr Ensembles (Intermediate level) that will be running at Burbank High School on Saturdays (beginning June 11th) from 2:00p - 5:00p. These Jr. ensembles consist of a full symphony orchestra (winds and strings) as well as a Jazz Band (Saxes, Trumpets, Trombones).

We also have two Advanced ensembles, the Burbank Summer symphony and the BYM Wind Symphony. These groups are playing advanced high school/ college level repertoire. Rehearsals are Sundays 2p - 5p for the Summer Symphony (full orchestra) and 5p - 7p for the Wind Symphony also at Burbank High School.

This program is run entirely for free with the intention of helping kids return to their school year prepared and ready to play.

I am attaching a flyer for the Jr Ensembles and a link to my website. I was hoping you could share this with the Muir IMA parents to reach out to interested students that may not be aware of this program. The website has sheet music available for download as well as a roster sign up.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you for your time!

Will Alvarado
Director, Burbank Young Musicians

BurbankYoungMusicians.weebly.com​
Attachments
BSSO Flyer.pdf
Flyer for the summer symphony
(127.89 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
Asst. Director of Music
John Burroughs High School