NCBA Large Ensemble Festival

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

NCBA Large Ensemble Festival

Post by ZJH » Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 pm

Hey everyone. Just had a great day at the NCBA Large Ensemble Festival at Whitney HS in Rocklin, and I was wondering if anyone had the full results. We were the first band of the day, and we only got to stay through until Las Plumas/Oroville HS finished their performance, which was a great one. I just know that Franklin HS (Elk Grove) got Honors, Rocklin HS got straight IIs, as with Rodriguez HS.

Does anyone have the full results? Mr. Stratton? :D
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

JCYS
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: NCBA Large Ensemble Festival

Post by JCYS » Fri May 04, 2007 7:54 pm

ZJH wrote:Hey everyone. Just had a great day at the NCBA Large Ensemble Festival at Whitney HS in Rocklin, and I was wondering if anyone had the full results. We were the first band of the day, and we only got to stay through until Las Plumas/Oroville HS finished their performance, which was a great one. I just know that Franklin HS (Elk Grove) got Honors, Rocklin HS got straight IIs, as with Rodriguez HS.

Does anyone have the full results? Mr. Stratton? :D
Sorry Andrew, I haven't heard, and I did not see a ratings board posted this time. We had to have our busses back by 3pm so we had to leave immediately.

We rec'd straight I's (Honors) also. Congrats to you and the fine Franklin Band too.
Did you guys end up doing American Overture?

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Fri May 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Aww, it's cool, Mr. S. Maybe I'll try and contact Mr. Harper or something for everyone's ratings. Thanks though. =]

And congratulations to you and the LP/O Symphonic Band as well. Honors really isn't easy to accomplish. And thank you again. We ended up doing "American Overture" as our closing piece, and our French horns were just dead on today. The judges loved it, haha.

And I really enjoyed your selections. "Mercury" by Van der Roost is just a great concert march; I absolutely loved the Hazo piece - your soprano sax player has amazing tone; and the last Trizte (sp?) piece was great as well. Really kind of baroque-esque style, I thought.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir