Recording

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

aandm
Veteran
Veteran

Recording

Post by aandm » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Does anyone have a really good recording (preferably free) of Elsa's Procession To The Cathedral? EVery one ive found has been relatively uhhh whats the word im looking for... inadequate in its performance :(

Thank you very very much =)

AandM

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Recording

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm

aandm wrote:Does anyone have a really good recording of Elsa's Procession To The Cathedral?
I have one by the USMC Band. It's lacking in "eyebrows" as Frank Zappa used to say, but it's technically perfect.

aandm
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aandm » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:13 pm

well that would be good =)
I was looking for one that had that *umph* push at the end more than anything =)
Could you send that one to me somehow?

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by vore » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:21 pm

aandm wrote:Does anyone have a really good recording (preferably free) of Elsa's Procession To The Cathedral?
One of the best performances/recordings was by the University of Michigan Band under their conductor William D. Revelli...

vore 8-)
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

Brich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brich » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:29 pm

vore wrote:
aandm wrote:Does anyone have a really good recording (preferably free) of Elsa's Procession To The Cathedral?
One of the best performances/recordings was by the University of Michigan Band under their conductor William D. Revelli...

vore 8-)
I used to have that recording on vinyl. It was the Michigan Symphony Band On Tour (when they went to the Soviet Union in the early '60s). I've never been able to find that recording on CD. It also include the Weber Clarinet Concerto, played as one by the entire clarinet section. There is a decent Elsa's on iTunes performed by Northwestern University.

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by bassoonuba » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:32 pm

vore wrote:

vore 8-)
Just about anything done under Revelli could be considered the best. I've played under Dr. Arthur C. Bartner at USC (who studied under him) a few times... simply an amazing experience. :shades: