Attention all pep/short flag twirlers!

Topics covering the dance, drill team, pep squad and baton twirling scene

Moderator: Bandmaster

Brookefair

Attention all pep/short flag twirlers!

Post by Brookefair » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:02 am

Hi guys and gals,

I was part of the pep flag team in my high school in Utah (the only one outside of CA as far as I know), and after a seven year hiatus, it looks as though the school board is going to let us start it up again, and yours truly is looking to be heavily involved.

Anyway, it has always been rather impossible for us to find outside resources for new routine material and twirls. Even at the USA camp we attended when I was on the team, they had to fly some gal out from CA who only twirled one flag and was more of a cheerleader. We twirl two flags the majority of the time and it is all about the twirling. Most of us can't dance or move like cheerleaders, but I think we could hold our own as flaggers. We've been a very inventive bunch over the last couple of decades. Still, that could be my lack of exposure to other teams showing.

So, my point is that we would love to see some other stuff! If anyone out there has any video footage they would be willing to share, please contact me! Either VHS or DVD will be great and I would be willing to pay for any copying or shipping expenses.

Also, I am going to be advertising in my little valley to compile video footage from our flag teams from the last 29 years (yes, I said 29!) So, let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!! :D

Brooke

s0nginmyheart
New Recruit
New Recruit

short flags

Post by s0nginmyheart » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:11 pm

do you have pictures/videos of your past teams? just wondering if it is anything like that of SoCal's short flag teams.

I know that USA puts out competition DVDs but they are about $30-40. You might want to try and contact them to see if they are still selling any videos/dvds from last season.

Brookefair

Post by Brookefair » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:30 pm

Hi! Thanks for responding.

Yes, I do have video and pics, but not on my computer.

I didn't know USA did videos, but that would be awesome. I have always wondered myself whether our team was anything like the others out there. Maybe I would be able to get a good idea from one of those videos. Thanks. :D