Available for the first time in the NCBA (I think)

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

LTL'98
New Recruit
New Recruit

Available for the first time in the NCBA (I think)

Post by LTL'98 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:15 am

Aright, it’s late so I’m gonna make this as fast as possible.

I’m really excited about this, because it was my idea. Audio CDs of the competitive Percussion units at the Benicia Bay winter review will be made available. If there is room on the disc, we may even record some “in the lot” clips. We will have some for sale the day of the show; otherwise, you’ll have to order them. Also available for purchase are the VHS tapes of the Guard or Percussion groups, as well as a DVD of the entire show. Don’t miss out!

BENICIA BAY WINTER REVIEW
HOSTED BY: BENICIA HIGH SCHOOL BAND
APRIL 8, 2005
1101 MILITARY WEST
BENICIA, CA 94510
Phone (707) 747-8318 Fax (707) 747-8318
AUDIO / VIDEO
ORDER FORM

PLEASE TURN IN ALL ORDERS ON OR BEFORE APRIL 14, 2005. A LIMITED NUMBER OF AUDIO CD’S WILL BE OFFERED ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW, THESE WILL BE AVAILIBLE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. FOR ALL OTHER ORDERS, PLEASE ALLOW 3 TO 4 WEEKS FOR DELIEVERY. ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW, ORDER FORMS AND PAYMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE SOUVINER BOOTH. TO ORDER BEFORE OR AFTER THE DATE OF THE SHOW, PLEASE SEND COMPLETED ORDER FORMS AND PAYMENT TO:

BENICIA HIGH SCHOOL BAND BOOSTERS
RE: BENICIA BAY WINTER REVIEW ORDER FORM
1101 MILITARY WEST
BENICIA, CA 94510

PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH
MAKE CHECKS OUT TO: BENICIA HIGH BAND BOOSTERS

AUDIO CD OF ALL WINTER PERCUSSION UNITS $10.00
VHS TAPE OF ALL WINTER PERCUSSION UNITS $12.00
VHS TAPE OF ALL WINTER GUARD UNITS $20.00
DVD OF ENTIRE WINTER GUARD & PERCUSSION SHOW $27.50

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JenKozy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:04 am

Wow. That's pretty cool. Wish they would do this for Champs!
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

be careful

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:27 am

You might want to be careful about advertising this. You can get in deep trouble with ASCAP for copyright infringement. I know DCI and WGI have both been through this and had legal issues. This has resulted in all competing units having to produce permission to arrange and in most cases having to pay the composers.

I would wager a good deal of money that MOST groups in NCBA do not have permission to arrange and I would bet that Benicia HS doesn't have permission to copy and sell video and audio recordings of this copywritten material. I'm not going to turn you in, but beware!

vinnieangelo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vinnieangelo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:23 pm

I did request permission for Amador Valleys show...But that was just to perform. The request for producing audio/video and resale is a whole different bag.

Be careful with copyright. Its starting to become a hot topic. You can get MAJORLY busted.

Vinnie Angelo
Amador Valley Percussion Caption Head

brian_aguilar
Rookie
Rookie

Fairfield in the clear

Post by brian_aguilar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:38 pm

The Fairfield show is legit and permission to arrange and perform was obtained. But we aren't going to Benicia, so nevermind. haha

In 2000, the finals were videotaped and copies were sold. Not too many people have a copy, but it was done pretty well and wasn't too expensive.

I'll echo the sentiments of the last two posts, be careful with copyrights!

Schimmy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Schimmy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:49 pm

You also need to get permission from every single unit that you put on your videos/cd's/etc.... If you are not careful you could be walking into a huge landmine.
"The audience is always listening"