no one cares

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

gooberxxxzzz

no one cares

Post by gooberxxxzzz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:10 pm

if no one mentions your schools show as one of their favorites from a previous show, it is easy to force it on them!!!

just start your own thread with your schools name as the title!!!

example:

yolker hs

tada! :king:

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Is this thread a sarcastic attack on those who actually did what your saying? :roll:

I haven't been posting here since my sophmore year... man this forum has gotten ugly... :hum:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:26 pm

WhSDrUmBuM wrote:Is this thread a sarcastic attack on those who actually did what your saying? :roll:

I haven't been posting here since my sophmore year... man this forum has gotten ugly... :hum:
Unfortunately my experience shows me that drummers tend to be "uglier" than the normal band kid when it comes to posting on message boards. They seem to think it's cool to tear down everyone else and use bad language. The drummers in my band were always the one's talking trash about other groups. It was hard to get them to be respectful. I still haven't yet figured out why? :? Maybe it's in their genes?
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:36 pm

Its the Drummer Ego, where they think drumline is the cream of the crop in the music department... What was embarrasing was that I had that phase too.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

gooberxxxzzz

Post by gooberxxxzzz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:36 pm

my jeans are levis.....

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:14 pm

I blame the media and Counter Strike

gooberxxxzzz

Post by gooberxxxzzz » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:35 pm

i blame the propaganda machine known as

Office Depot

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 pm

i think because it's easier to show if some is better or not, by ability to play clean and together, knowledge of rudiments, and who your favorite drumcorp drumline is, and your knowledge and ability to play corp beats. Where as a brass and woodwind instrument, it's not as easy to pick out musical ticks and such.

Also maybe because drumline such a important yet small section of the band, that u can tell whether it's a 'good' or 'bad' line. I think it's easier to pick out musical ticks during a performance from a drumline then a hornline because of numbers and visually you can see the mistakes.

I dunno that's my opinion. :roll:

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:50 pm

TMR Quint Kid wrote:... it's not as easy to pick out musical ticks and such.
That depends on what you have trained to hear! As a band director I can pick out lots of ticks in many a brass or woodwind section, as well as percussion sections!
TMR Quint Kid wrote:Also maybe because drumline such a important yet small section of the band, that u can tell whether it's a 'good' or 'bad' line. I think it's easier to pick out musical ticks during a performance from a drumline then a hornline because of numbers and visually you can see the mistakes.
Siza has NOTHING to do with it! It is easier for you to hear drum ticks because that's what you "practice" hearing.

My biggest complaint about winter drumline season is the lack of qualified instructors that can create "appropriate" shows for their drumlines. I have watched WAY too many shows (mostly in the lower divisions) that have no visual organization and have forms that go nowhere and communicate nothing to the audience. There should be more units taking advantage of the standstill divisions. Many of the smaller, less experienced drumlines need to put their time in learning HOW to play better and save all the movement until they master the art of playing basics first. I find it almost painful to watch some of the shows early in the season. Some instructors need to face reality, not everyone can have a world class line if their players have little or no experience. They need to set "attainable goals" for their students and not force them into a situation for which they are NOT ready.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster