"well that was lame"

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

gooberxxxzzz

"well that was lame"

Post by gooberxxxzzz » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:21 pm

i have been to 3 ADLA shows so far this season.....

i am SO MAD!!!!

i am sick and tired of these schools stealing every drum corps visual known to man in order to add some shread of visual excitment to their show. the groups are so good, and yet, they cant think of a new visual to add to their progam.

here me out:

snares

no one wants to see you hold 1 stick up by your ear and point the other one at the ground in your direction of travel. SCV did it!!! it is theirs.

i am glad you can play your solo clean, i really am... oh and by the way, i dont care how many sticks flips, tosses, cossovers, etc. you can cram into your 10 second solo.

tenors

look at me, i can do 5000 crossovers and only hit the rims 60% of the time! mabye if you got the solo clean before adding all the usless flash, your score would be higher.

basses

we know you can rotate, no really, stop.... ok, thats enough.... i mean it now, quit it.... ok you did that 3 seconds ago.....

GET A NEW GIG!!!

and now the worst of them all.....

cymbals

we dont care if you know how to make a V. and if i remember right, the school that did it doesnt even have a V in their name....

o wow, you know the same visual the snare line does ( see above ) only in cymbal form. weeeeeeeeeeee

" i got an idea, lets do a pit viper..." no... you wont do a pit viper. you will do it poorly and make a mockery of it. i havent seen it this year, but i saw it twice last year.... then again, i havent seen all the shows.

well, our 30 person cymbal lines doesnt have a clue on how to actually play the cymbals... but they know how to hold them! yay! frame the snares, frame the tenors, frame to fool that gave you those things!

disclaimer

if your instructer was a member of a certain corps that did a particular visual, by all means, milk it for what it is worth. at least they can show you the right way to do it. now, if your snare tech marched 4 years of scouts, and you are in the cymbal line, that doesnt mean you can do scouts visuals.... get your own. if he WAS in the cym line, then go ahead.

see how this works....

id say more but i dont want to take up all the bandwith.....

:x

MelloPlaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MelloPlaya » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:43 pm

I totally know what you mean! Originality should be just that --- original! The new, fresh visuals are always the best.
Joey

-][-Rebel Alliance Percussion Ensemble-][-
.:Pit Captain '04, '05:.

-][-Winter Guard-][-
.:Rifle Line '05:.

gooberxxxzzz

Post by gooberxxxzzz » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:45 pm

MelloPlaya wrote:I totally know what you mean! Originality should be just that --- original! The new, fresh visuals are always the best.

^
BIG FAN :D

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:36 pm

I gotta agree with you on the cymbal thing - making a giant ' V ' and not even have V in your school's or group's name is kinda lame.

Also, if you're going to have a show revolve around one totally kick @$$ member, lets say a snare player for instance... at least tell him to close his mouth while he marches. I was about to cast my line and reeling him in so I could wisper in his ear, "CLOSE YOUR DANG MOUTH!"

mena

Post by mena » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:52 pm

hey goober what school do you go to? whta do you play?
GHS tenor....

DrumTHIS

Post by DrumTHIS » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:21 am

I thought all the world shows were cool. Garfield has come far this year, cool techno groove, Elmo busted out my ears with a lil bit FEEDBACK, but it was cool, LaQuinta needs to work out their narration, the "phase" where they mentioned the plan builds excitement was not exciting. I thought the the hawthorne costumes were cool. What was the V about in Hawthornes show? Ramblin on................... anyway I still dig the visuals even if they are rips. Just play, I'll watch
:shock:
mad at the world, happy with the universe, lets try another planet allready.

mena

Post by mena » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:30 am

thanks "drum this" i play tenors for garfield...what school do you go to and what do you play?
GHS tenor....

DrumTHIS

Post by DrumTHIS » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:04 am

Hey Mena,

Great show Saturday, I go to Saddleback, but not in the band, just an avid percussion fan. I was a set player and a snare in Florida (transferred this year - Senior) but a car accident ended my playing. What other shows will Garfield be at?
mad at the world, happy with the universe, lets try another planet allready.

mena

Post by mena » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:08 am

we are doing SCPA championships and also the ADLA show and like 3 more
GHS tenor....

gooberxxxzzz

Post by gooberxxxzzz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:12 pm

stay on topic!!!!!

o yeah, nice doors... original and fun.....

hawthorne high school

haVthoVe hiVe sVhool <------- :wink: