WOW El Modena/Villa Park

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Friedman

WOW El Modena/Villa Park

Post by Friedman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:33 pm

i was at the A.B. Miller show as a spectator not a performer with some of my other drumline friends and I just wanted to say that I was incredibly impressed and just i dunno wowed I guess is how you would say it, well 1rst because of the closeness that appears to be going on between El Modena and Villa park thats just really admirable and then after the AB Miller guard performed there whole 2 lines came down on to the floor and helped the guard fold their floor I mean most ppl might see that as nothing but to me that was a great show of sporsmanship...I hope I have this right but I would like to congradulate Mr. Bryan Keylor on having such kick @$$ Percussion Ensembles I wish there were more lines like that out there, How do you get your students to be so awesome and respectful? If there was an award for sporsmanship you would have a tie for your lines. Do you teach any other lines?

MelloPlaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MelloPlaya » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:28 pm

Yeah, that was so awesome when they came down to help. It's always a pain folding the floor with only the nine of us, let alone with the exhaustion we had, so that really was a godsend. I was able to go and change into my drumline uniform (I'm Pit Captain, so I did awards) without having to rush, so much thanks to ElMo and Villa Park for that! I love how they all are so close with each other. When they announced that championships will be at Villa Park, I was kind of surprised at where the cheers were coming from, because I know El Modena has those maroon band shirts, and that's where the majority of the cheers were coming from

Big congrats to both lines for putting some awesome stuff onto the floor as well! Regardless of placing, I loved both shows and you guys did great! Can't wait for championships at VP!

I hope everyone had a great time at our show! I honestly love hosting, and have been privledged enough to help run our show for the past 4 years. :) Thanks for the awesome turnout and overall positive energy, not to mention awesome shows put out by every line there!

Oh and if anyone from Villa Park reads this, tell Kimberly that Joey from Drum Major camp said hey and that shepherds rock! :D :wink: :lol: [/i]
Joey

-][-Rebel Alliance Percussion Ensemble-][-
.:Pit Captain '04, '05:.

-][-Winter Guard-][-
.:Rifle Line '05:.

leesah
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by leesah » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:35 pm

I've been lucky enough to see the amazing bond that Villa Park and El Modena have between their lines at a few comps this season and it seems like it only grows as the season goes on. Anyone from either of those lines.. awesome for you :) Two strong lines out there supporting each other... that's what we need more in this art/sport -- support from fellow drummers.

A.B. Miller -- ya'll are some stellar hosts! Thanks for a great competition and I enjoyed watching how much fun you had cleaning everything up after the awards! haha.. also, congrats on your performance and your score :)

I look forward to seeing everyone again at Villa Park for.... CHAMPIONSHIPS! whooo! 8-)
__ Garden Grove High School
2001-2005 [bass, snare, drum captain]

__ Incognito Drumline
2005-2007 [snare]

MelloPlaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MelloPlaya » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:39 pm

Oh, hahaha. Were you in the group of people by the performer's exit? You guys looked like you were getting into it too :lol: And the hilarious thing was, so were Mr Perry and Polacek, they was gettin' down! Great stuff, great stuff :lol: Nothing beats "Hey Mickey!"
Joey

-][-Rebel Alliance Percussion Ensemble-][-
.:Pit Captain '04, '05:.

-][-Winter Guard-][-
.:Rifle Line '05:.

leesah
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by leesah » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:17 pm

Yup, I was there. ahhah

We were about to leave, but then the music came on and some of us were like uh oh... we HAVE to dance... :lol:

Eventually, after we realized we were the only ones in there NOT from your school.. and uh, everyone else was cleaning up.. we left =)
__ Garden Grove High School
2001-2005 [bass, snare, drum captain]

__ Incognito Drumline
2005-2007 [snare]

Noisecontrol

Post by Noisecontrol » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:24 pm

Thanks Friedman, Joey, and Leesah for the kind words.

We all know what a pain it is to get off the floor quickly; however, I'm glad that Elmo and Villa Park were able to lend a hand. Both Elmo and Villa Park percussion ensembles have been instrumental in assisiting their own guards throughout the season, so it doesn't suprise me that they jumped in.

We wish you all the best AB Miller, and Garden Grove at the WGASC championships on the 16th as well as the ADLA Championships on May 1st.

Great job hosting a smooth show, and congratulations on your promotion to the OPEN division.
Brian Keylor
Instructor & Arranger
El Modena H.S.
Villa Park H.S.

fad2hngr18nslayr

Post by fad2hngr18nslayr » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:30 pm

Hey,this is cash,brand new member of the world of pageantry, im from villa park, and i wanted to say thanks for all the recognition and stuff. all i can say is we do the best we can. more thanx to brian keylor and ivan pacheco for the "disipline".brian has the most faith in us possible, and ivan has pushed us to be great.

you all can thank brian keylor for the "villa modena" stuff goin on between us. Keylor, wat would we do without you?

Its an honor being a freshman at villa park, 1 im on tenors first year, 2 i get ivan for hopefully another three years, 3 we hostn championships!!! wow, wat a blessn.

I really like the fact that were so close to elmo, it helps us with our time limit and stuff. So all the other lines should probly go find a buddy line or two to help each other.

So ya, everyone, good luck at championships,(go villa park!!!).

o ya, A.B. Miller, wow, i didnt see the show, but a 97, wow, good luck in open division, wish we were there.(that azn kids got some nuts hair!!!lol)

a while After the villa park show, i saw a line warm up, they had 5 snares, 3 tenors, and 5 basses. they were pretty clean and did a lot of blue devil excercises,and that little tenor cat is gonna be the bomb shiza one day any body no them? just wondern.(think theyre in world division)
Ciznash Miznoney(cash money)
Proud tenor cat of villa park high school
supporter of villa park and el modena high school
PEACE!!!

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:04 am

Hey everyone-

Glad to see everyone's positive comments! The AB Miller show was run very well (although I had to leave early so I did not witness its closing).

The relationship between VPHS and ElMoHS is a fantastic one to have! All of the people from our line really support everyone from El Modena's line, and vice versa. The relationship extends beyond competitions-a lot of us hang out with people from their line, and some very strong friendships have formed as a result of it. It's absolutely fantastic!

Sometimes, I think it's easy to miss the point of organizations like ADLA (and what follows is simply my opinion). A lot of people get caught up in scores and who is going to win X division and Y caption and that sort of thing. But ultimately, it's important to realize that this is an association (American DrumLine Association), meant to bring people together who have a common interest (ex. percussion and music) and a common goal (ex. learning and having a good time).

Joey-I'll deliver your message!
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance