Tenor Help

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

XtyleramaX

Tenor Help

Post by XtyleramaX » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:55 pm

I'm from Canada. We don't have NEARLY as good of a music program as ANY skool in the States does. Marching is virtually unheard of too. My drum instructor marched snare for Glassmen in 94, he's a BIG help. I don't get much in the way of tenor though, which is what I play. I am hoping to audition for DCI next season, I just want to try and get pointers/excersizes I can do that will help me with ANYTHING. I play everday and I always need more. Help me out.
Spirit Of Windsor REPRESENT!
XtyleramaX

HeavyHitterPads

Post by HeavyHitterPads » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:56 am

Get the book "Quad Logic" by Bill Bachman and his dvd that is now out. Check it out at www.billbachman.net

The book has all the info you need to get where you need to be, and the dvd explains it all and some. Not to mention it just has some sick playing....

You can also check out the dvd clips on www.vicfirth.com

and as always, the best quad pads on the market are also on that website and
www.heavyhitterpads.com

Good luck!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:24 am

Hmmm, first of all... Welcome! I don't know if we've had any Canadian members before, so hopefully you'll stay on board and frequent the forums. As for the tenors and drum corps thing, I'd have to say just tryout for as many drum corps as possible. One of them will take you. They would rather take a hard worker with less talent than a lazy person with lots of talent. So just go in with a positive and hard working attitude and you'll be fine. As for tenors, I know its hard to find tenor techs in Canada, so do the next best thing and get down to any clinics in the U.S. you can. Windsor isn't far from the border, so get your instructor to hook you up with some clinics in the states and take the time to drive down and learn. Then take what they tell you and practice, practice practice.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

Lee Beddis

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:34 pm

I know Lee Beddis is from the Toronto area. Maybe consider contacting him and see if he knows anyone in your area. I think he is with the Madison Scouts these days, so perhaps go there and look for an email.

XtyleramaX

Post by XtyleramaX » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:54 pm

I have Quad Logic, it's a great book! I've learned so much from it, I pick it up everyday. I'd really like to get my hands on the DVD though. I also have Modern Mulit-Tenor Techniques and Solos, it's really good as well.

I'm gonna try to get together with the percussion head from Kiwanis Kavaliers, he lives in WIndsor, he'd be able to help me with a lot. Lee Beddis mite be good too, any contact info?
Spirit Of Windsor REPRESENT!
XtyleramaX