Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

trudrum
New Recruit
New Recruit

Personal Greats

Post by trudrum » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:09 am

Hello again,
i post to many things. sorry

I just wanted to ask everyone what was the greast time or unforgetable moment you had in your music life so far?

I remember my first year i was in band. I got in it by accident and i was suckered into staying. Anyway, my first winter season rolled around and i had worked my way up to 2nd bass. Me and this other guy were the only to in the bass line that liked music. Soon one guy left, then another. out of our starting four we were down to two. The other guy and I learned the parts as a stand still, and then he left for no reason. Me and 4 bass' is the times i will never forget. It wasnt a hard peice of music, but i positioned the drums around me and played all four. Great times, people asking where is the bass line, and i would say "im it". The following year i was a snare and at a comp i heard some people walking by and they were saying (in a whisper to each other) "is that the guy who played four bass drums"

sorry, i wrote alot, but now its your turn.
So post YOUR greatest moments!

:frustrated:
I left, and i couldnt do it. Now im back, and i wanna make a difference. Yippie-Kye Yay.

kiboshrawk
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by kiboshrawk » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:09 pm

January 3, 2001. The Orange Bowl in Miami. 70-some-odd-thousand screaming football fans, a national TV audience, and me walking onto the field with 20 of my best friends (the rest of OU's drumline). It was so euphoric that I don't even remember actually playing or leaving the field, just walking on and looking up...

trudrum
New Recruit
New Recruit

aw-mazing

Post by trudrum » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:46 pm

that sounds so sweet!!! i cant even begin to imagine
I left, and i couldnt do it. Now im back, and i wanna make a difference. Yippie-Kye Yay.

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:58 am

prolly my first winter champs in '98..oh the feeling of finishin that season with this group i was NEVER goin to be able to perform with again. :cry:

my last winter champs my senior year...i didn't cry, i was just excited. you gotta milk those moments when the announcer calls out yer school as 2000 champs!

and my last year teaching at vallejo high school, the roar of the crowd when those kids were performing their last 8 counts, and it just got LOUDER when they were done. gives me chills...

my sophomore year in concert band, our last competition, and i guess we played the piece so SWEET that the director was tearing.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05