Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

trudrum
New Recruit
New Recruit

To Corp, or not to corp?

Post by trudrum » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:03 am

Hey,
I've been wanting to join a corp since i graduated from high school, but im not sure if its me now. When i was in my high school band, we marched, did winter, and also did concert, unfortunatly we never did feild. i hated marching cause of the discipline, but i love the technique and the drill involved in marching and winter. BUT, i was also doing concert and i grew to love the sound and control i had with the concert snare. WHAT DO I DO? in the drum corps i have no control over the length or sound i make out of the drum, but if i stick with just concert i dont get to do drill or learn the evergrowing techniques and eye catchers.

HELP!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :shock:
I left, and i couldnt do it. Now im back, and i wanna make a difference. Yippie-Kye Yay.

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:22 am

i'm not a percussionist in concert, but i have a clue as to what you're speaking of. but check this out, if you want to experience the drum corps feel of marching and drills do it. if you're lucky, the corps you join might be playing a lyrical piece like that of concert band. you'll always be able to join an indoor ensemble, but remember that you're limited on your years in drum corps (at least the junior corps).
i love concert band all the same (i'm still doing it at my university), but my biggest regret is not finishing out my year with scvc. it's an experience SO worth the money...and you never know, you might even learn to love what is played out on the field.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05