Scores to move up in ADLA?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

ProzacCombatBoot

Scores to move up in ADLA?

Post by ProzacCombatBoot » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:12 pm

what is the scores exactly that you need to reach in order to be bumbed up a level? right now we are in level C but we got a 755 at our last comp so I have no idea...

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:24 pm

I think you guys will be moved up. actually, a 755 could put you in A (if you were in B)

*edit*

Not sure if you're a student or instructor, anyways... If you look on your score sheets, they have them written out for when you move up a division. Around a 60-65 you go from C -> B. And then like a 75 from B -> A. 90+ -> open?

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm

Hmm I hear that the scores this year are tiered... That means a 75 in C is "different" from a 75 in B or A or Any other division. Im sure if this is how ADLA does division classification, but isn't your "skill level set"? If your kids have hands and the book is beefy, as well as your visual program you move up a division? Correct me if im wrong.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

toeknee tee win
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by toeknee tee win » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:33 pm

I believe that All of scholastic are the same. It's different when it's between, Scholastic, Open, World, and Intergalactic Universe. heheh. So a 755 in C is a 755 in A.

Brings up a great point... Bonita scored high at thier comp at La Mirada, shouldn't they have competed in B at Highland?
Tony T Nguyen

Life is not about FINDING yourself,
Life is about CREATING yourself.

Tcbdrummer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tcbdrummer » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:32 pm

The way it works is as follows...
A, B, and C are all judged on the same sheet with the same point values. Open has its own sheets as well as world. It is very similar to the WGI/SCPA system. Division movement it is more based on skill sets. A,B and C are are various degrees of the beging level. Open is at an intemidiate level, and world is at an advanced level. I am not totally certaint of the division movement point valuses or A, B, and C, however I know in open it is a box six in each sub caption.

Michael Lloyd
South Torrance HS
Pro Mark Educational Endorser

ProzacCombatBoot

Post by ProzacCombatBoot » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:43 am

they forgot to move us up a division because we got a 6 something at our first comp and told us that we were supposted to be in B but when we got there our instructor told us they goofed and put us in C again..