Recaps from Granada?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

TREBLE

Recaps from Granada?

Post by TREBLE » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:00 pm

Does anyone have the recaps from the Granada competition? I've been thirsting for the OPEN percussion and OPEN colorguard scores... not just the ones that had placed, but everyone overall...

Also, someone please confirm this for me... I wasn't sure if Foothill-Pleasanton's OPEN percussion was competing due to the fact that Bob Moorefield (their band director) was the floor adjudicator that day, yet when I was reviewing back on the tape, I noticed that Rowland Nielson was also there and the announcer had stated:

"Foothill High School, You may take the floor in competition..."

Thanks!

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

i know who won open percussion...

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:12 pm

Fairfield won open percussion pretty handily at Granada, I don't remember scores though. I believe Vallejo was 2nd, then Bethel, Reed, and then Foothill. This was my first show of the year, I don't like the small gym that the drumlines played in this year. Do they always play there? I think there were 4 rows of seats!!!! Come on!

cymplaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cymplaya » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:14 pm

Yes, they always play in there. Drumlines always get the shaft.

percussive08

Post by percussive08 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:00 am

Looking at the recap, Fairfield 95 something and Foothill and Vallejo were tied in second with a 93.7. Foothill had a 1pt. penalty which put them below Bethel and Reed. That's all I got!

TREBLE

Score Confirmations?

Post by TREBLE » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:50 pm

percussive08 wrote:Looking at the recap, Fairfield 95 something and Foothill and Vallejo were tied in second with a 93.7. Foothill had a 1pt. penalty which put them below Bethel and Reed. That's all I got!
Can someone please confirm this? Did Foothill-Pleasanton really tie with Vallejo with a score of 93.95?