Judging Question

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

TSLeeMMAPerc
New Recruit
New Recruit

Judging Question

Post by TSLeeMMAPerc » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:14 pm

When I was in high school drum line, my previous instructor pissed off one of the judges at a competition.

We needed up getting the same judge that pissed off by my previous instructor. my school got a low score, and my new instructor said that "we got a low score, because your previous pissed of that judge."

Did my instructor make an excuse of why we lost or was it the judge being biased?

I also think that this judge should of just put his feelings aside and not be biased, IF he was being biased.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:27 pm

Tim,
Whether or not a previous instructor had an altercation with a judge would not be an excuse for your instructor to use for your low scoring. Without facts to support his claim, it was biased and unfair to both your line members and the adjudicator in question. Experience shows that it's pretty difficult to "stick it to" any group without backing up your numbers with factual observations, which you'd have to listen to the judges tapes to find.
Sounds like this is better left in the past.

musiclife
Rookie
Rookie

Post by musiclife » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:24 pm

stupid judges, thats why we only perform for the audience and our staff........

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:13 pm

maybe just a coincidence?

toeknee tee win
New Recruit
New Recruit

Respect Please

Post by toeknee tee win » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:53 am

chsbando07 how can you say that on a public forum? We are all different and have a lot of different views. But to say someone is stupid? What if someone said you were dumb and you had no talent. That you can't play music? I bet those people are ignorant and sisn't take the time to get to know you. You have talents I am sure. That's why we are performers.

Support one another in theie roles that the judges play and learn from it. Maybe one day you will get to teach and pass on a legacy for others to learn from you.

Good luck to you and your dreams of music.
Tony T Nguyen

Life is not about FINDING yourself,
Life is about CREATING yourself.