ADLA @ La Sierra - Results

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

PercussionAndAllThatJazz
Rookie
Rookie

ADLA @ La Sierra - Results

Post by PercussionAndAllThatJazz » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:27 am

So I suppose that since the site doesn't have it up yet...

I didn't catch the morning scores, nor did i catch scholastic b's scores and names, so please fill me in if you know, or I'll just throw it in when the site pulls it up. I apologize sincerely.

Scholastic A
66.3 Rancho Verde
73.2 Los Alamitos
73.6 Colony
77.9 Riverside Poly
84.7 Villa Park
85 AB Miller

Open
57.1 Otay Ranch
58.5 Chaffey
60.5 Saddleback
65.9 Antelope Valley
69.1 San Marcos
70.5 Indio
72.3 Huntington Beach
80.7 Rio Mesa

Scholastic World
79.4 El Modena

Independent World
80.9 Pasadena City College

So I really enjoyed yesterdays show, it was very nicely run from what I experienced, and I was really excited about our performance. I only got to catch El Modena, PCC, and APE (alternative percussion ensemble..they performed in exhibition). Very interesting shows; PCC was very fun, catchy. I enjoyed APE and El Mo as well. Congrats to all, and if you got to see other lines, give your recaps.
-Resa-
Impulse DM 2006

toodrumornotdrum05

Post by toodrumornotdrum05 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:56 am

Well I was there Just to watch the show, I dont honestly recall th4e scores but there were ALOT of intresting shows some of my Favorites where Villa Park, A.B Miller, EL Modena and P.C.C

Wow I was EXTREMLY IMPRESSED WITH VILLA PARKS UPPER BATTERY!!! I was talking to one of there roadies (I think it was someone from El Modenas PHAT Tarp Krew cuz he had a El Mo crew shirt) and he told me that the snare guy and tenor guy are both freshmen. They had a great show great theatrical line and that groove section where there playing on the trash cans was sick a little repetitive but it was sick. The pit was on fire and had some great facial expressions I think these guys are gonna be on A.B Miller all season long I look forward to seeing them again.

A.B Miller also an SCPA LINE was pretty good some dirt in the snares but honestly they are extremly talented. They also have a great show concept. Marching was pretty good too. I love the uniforms aswell.

El Modena dang these guys are small but wow I was impressed at firsxt i was thinking that maybe a scholastic line was performing out of order for some reason because I only saw 2 snares 3 basses and a tenor but they sure shut me up. The think I liked about this show was the fact that they were so close to the audience and the facial expressions on the 1 snare and tenor player the other snare seems to have a straight face lol....the bassline was pretty sweet for only 3 and I like how they use up the whole floor with the small line they have...The pit was awesome i liked the intro in the auxilary section and that girl that does the voice sounded kindda creepy at some points and the way the crowd got into the show was phenomenal. The 2nd movement was great with the battery grooving. I have a question to anyone from elmo which one is Devin the tenor guy or the top bass drummer?

PCC's bassline was cool thats what i like the most about them oh and maybe the tilt they got going in the snare line.

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:29 pm

I have a question to anyone from elmo which one is Devin the tenor guy or the top bass drummer?
There are two Devins: the tenor, and also one of the bass drummers (although I don't remember which number he is).
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

leesah
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by leesah » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:55 pm

My line didn't compete this past Saturday, but I went to watch some lines and to support Brea Olinda HS at La Sierra...

I actually didn't get a chance to catch the later shows [open, world, etc.] but along with MANY other performances, I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed the performance put on by the host school, La Sierra!

The show concept is really interesting and I can't wait to see it again at championships, when it should be really fine-tuned and everything. It's definitely on my "to-see again" list. :)

Well put on competition, La Sierra Drumline! The food was pretty good too :lol:

It's really great to see so many lines have such well-developed shows when it's still somewhat early in the season. I hope to see some more of you at Downey on Saturday!
__ Garden Grove High School
2001-2005 [bass, snare, drum captain]

__ Incognito Drumline
2005-2007 [snare]

leesah
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by leesah » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:25 pm

Oh by the way, recaps are posted on the adla site, but here they are anyways...

Junior
50.6 - Townsend
40.2 - Sycamore
38.2 - Jurupa

Standstill
50.8 - Glen A. Wilson
33.1 - San Gorgonio
23.2 - Marina
22.6 - Victor Valley
22.5 - Kennedy
21.2 - Fontana
17.0 - Bloomington