NCBA or CCGC?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Miss A
New Recruit
New Recruit

NCBA or CCGC?

Post by Miss A » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:22 am

Why do you prefer the circuit that you are in? Is it the scoring system? The judging? The expense? I am interested in your opinion.
NO BASHING PLEASE!
Biscuit !!!!!!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

cymplaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cymplaya » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:38 am

We compete in NCBA because their are more shows to go and more groups competing. If CCGC had more shows, I would prefer that circuit.

SaveFerris368
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SaveFerris368 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Having personally competed in both circuits, I prefer CCGC because of their scoring system and judging. Also because it's a WGI-affliated circuit. I just wish more lines would do CCGC because we were the only line competing in Open last year. Although, NCBA is good because there are way more competitions.
- Fairfield High School Percussion -
'02 - '06
Band Council President
Drum Captain

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:55 pm

i'd have to agree that having the chance to go to a lot of competitions and watch shows develop is one reason why i like ncba. plus the director of the school i teach at keeps us at ncba.
but i love ccgc for the idea of having the chance to go to wgi champs, and watching all these elite guards and percussions (and all the mediocre ones too, hey someone's gotta be on the bottom).
it's nice to step into both rings tho, which my high school top guard did.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:56 pm

i agree with everyone about judging and having to be affiliated with being with wgi for ccgc. and i also agree with more competition and more events in ncba. but when i was in junior high my first year guard and drumline did ncba and we were all best friends. my eighth grade year they did 1 or 2 ccgc shows and the year after they did both ncba and ccgc and now they only do ccgc. and now it seems like the guard has been separated from the line let alone the band. not a lot of them know much about each other and i find that sad because i had the best time with the guard girls back in junior high and now the line cant even name 4 ppl in guard. i dont know if that makes n/e difference in other ppl but i appreciate ncba for having guard and percussion comps on the same day.

JBoo

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:05 pm

CCGC does have guard and percussion comps on the same day. As did WGI up until this year.

Miss A
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Miss A » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:36 am

Exodus anyone? :idea: The more that come, the better it will get!
Biscuit !!!!!!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

musiclife
Rookie
Rookie

Post by musiclife » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:31 pm

im not in a winter program, but from a marching view, i would choose WBA!!!!!! cuz ncba mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i have nothing to say about it............. its very disorganized (?)... so if i was in WP, id choose CCGC..

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

hmmm?

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:23 pm

Well the NCBA shows tend to have anywhere from 15-30 drumlines at every show I've seen the last few years. Meanwhile CCGC maybe had 8 at the biggest show last season. That aside, the CCGC gyms are much bigger, have better acoustics, and a better judging system. But bottom line is that winter percussion seems to be 2nd fiddle to the guards in both circuits, getting worse times, and in NCBA worse venues, than the guards. Maybe it's time for a percussion only circuit in NorCal!!! Nothing against the guards of course.

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:33 pm

I think there has to be a circuit that would make it easier on schools. where both guard and lines can compete at every competition. like how ncba has every comp for guard and percussion as to ccgc where they have occasional percussion/guard comps. i also think a lot of nor cal lines/guards dont go into ccgc because they have been with ncba for so long and have known the people for so long that they may be afraid to part. For me i really love Mr. Neilson and hes done so much for EVERY band in ncba. Hes been at every event ive ever been to and i dont know how he does it. So i can see both sides of things.

I really am not very satisfied by ncbas judging not for their comments but for not being accurate week after week. like i dont see how a unit can go from a 80 to a 70 with having a better/cleaner show then the week before.

i think NCBA and CCGC should combine just for winter. even though that wont happen its something to ponder about. to have all those lines and guards in one day. how tight would the competition be? id love to be in a circuit like that.

JBoo

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:54 pm

jbdrummerdude wrote:I think there has to be a circuit that would make it easier on schools. where both guard and lines can compete at every competition. like how ncba has every comp for guard and percussion as to ccgc where they have occasional percussion/guard comps. i also think a lot of nor cal lines/guards dont go into ccgc because they have been with ncba for so long and have known the people for so long that they may be afraid to part. For me i really love Mr. Neilson and hes done so much for EVERY band in ncba. Hes been at every event ive ever been to and i dont know how he does it. So i can see both sides of things.

I really am not very satisfied by ncbas judging not for their comments but for not being accurate week after week. like i dont see how a unit can go from a 80 to a 70 with having a better/cleaner show then the week before.

i think NCBA and CCGC should combine just for winter. even though that wont happen its something to ponder about. to have all those lines and guards in one day. how tight would the competition be? id love to be in a circuit like that.

JBoo
Mr Neilson has a big influence on the ncba. i love that guy.
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd