Garden Grove HS

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

=l==l==l=
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by =l==l==l= » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:57 pm

Edited by Bandmaster

Knock this crap off. What is wrong with patting yourself on the back a little? As long as you don't over do it and put other people down in the process! I see nothing wrong with the postings from those at Garden Grove HS yet, but I do see others of you acting childish and trying to rain on their parade!

Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

leesah
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by leesah » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:58 pm

Okay, so a few things to clarify...

This topic was created in attempt for me to unify the individuals in our drumline and to introduce this world of pageantry forum to the students in our school's drumline. In no way was it meant to be a bragging thread. I feel that this public forum is a great way to stay in contact with others that share the same common interest of band, drumline, guard, etc. and what easier way to get them to start posting than to get them to post in a topic about us, not just about us winning competitions, but also about them sharing their thoughts, feelings, and/or concerns about our current season.

Our line is taught the importance of having respect for ourselves as well as others in this art we like to call drumline. The views expressed in this thread belong soley to those who posted them. If there is a post such as "we rock" or anything of its kind, it's simply an expression of pride for our line and what we do: [as well as I'm sure your lines do] create an entertaining musical performance for the audiences.

Personally, I'm very proud of what Garden Grove HS drumline has gone through so far this season and I would in no way like to take away the pride that they feel now in growing so much as a group, a line, and most importantly, as individuals.

If anyone feels that this is simply a "bragging" thread, then I'd invite you to learn more about the individuals in this line because I guarantee you that you'll find nothing less than a group of people who enjoy what they do and take pride in it. Sure, a first place trophy or plaque is great, but what we're really proud of is the fact that we got there as a unified team.
__ Garden Grove High School
2001-2005 [bass, snare, drum captain]

__ Incognito Drumline
2005-2007 [snare]

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:59 pm

I made a difference in someones life today! Today, I hit someone with my car and like now they have no arm. I soooo call that making a difference :twisted:

=l==l==l=
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by =l==l==l= » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:05 pm

i dont want to know anyone in a drumline that has an ego issue.....

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:16 pm

leesah:

kudos to you for trying to get your line to express your feelings. We do it all the time with our students when we sit down and talk. But sometimes people don't say all they want to in person and express them online, since it can be easier. But a public forum isn't the place to start that. Create a xanga, myspace, livejournal site if you wanna do that. Heck, I bet you can get your own forum for free if you searched around. But self congradulations on a public forum are definetly NOT the place to do it. It's poor sportmanship.
And now I send you to the principals office for a spanking! :evil:

LisaZL21

Post by LisaZL21 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 pm

First off, I start with a simple congrats to gghs. Don't let immature people try to bring you down
Second,
To "=l==l==l=" and "tsz42": Excuse you. You post about how to be mature and about showmanship yet here you guys are posting on a message just to bring people down.
You have a problem with the post and you obviously mentioned it once so what's the point of coming back and continuing to bitch about it.
These are performers just like you and they are taking pride in what they do. They are not posting about that other lines are horrible. They recognize other lines and what a great job they do. I know for a fact they aren't cocky. They work hard just like everyone else.
There probably isn't anything else I can say that hasn't been said by leesah. Just relax, they aren't attacking you nor belittling anybody. This forum is suppose to be a place where performers can talk about what they are passionate about. Don't turn it into something unpleasant.

mmmm...Potatoes(drool)

Post by mmmm...Potatoes(drool) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:05 pm

Alright. First i would like to say that this thread was created as just another way to get our drumline involved with eachother and working as a team. It was meant in no way for us to go on and brag. It was meant to instill pride in our members, and to congratulate all the other drumlines there on a job well done. I mean if you were with a group and nobody cared what place and everyone was just like whatever. It would be no fun, no one would want to be there. We worked hard just as several other schools did and we feel good about it. This is the first time in a long time that our drumline has done so well. And it is natural to be elated and happy. And being a student of Garden Grove high school, i am proud to say that we have only ever been taught to be courteous and gracious in victory and defeat. And for it to be said that we are doing just the opposite, i'm sure we all would wholeheartedly disagree and love to debate it with you. Yet, that would lead to nowhere except anger. So to avoid useless banter i would like to apologize on behalf of all of the garden grove hs drumline to anyone who felt offended by this thread. It will never happen again, i will make sure of it. If anyone would like to have an ADULT discussion with me on it feel free to.

drummermom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummermom » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:42 pm

I'm really glad that you all are so happy with how you're doing this year. Truly, I am. Our kids are also jazzed about their performances and that's always cool to see.

BUT...the zillion line repetitive smiley messages are a pain. Sorry, but they are. In addition to being seizure-causing flashy things, they're long, and take forever to scroll through, and there's nothing of substance to read.

If you want to celebrate, go ahead. But is it possible to do so without the million-mile graphical crescendo?

AuX_to_the_MaX

Post by AuX_to_the_MaX » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:45 pm

*shrug* Sometimes you just have to move on. and that's what I am doing with this comment. We're moving on. I'm tired of reading comments trying to explain certain things to certain people about all this. It's over. You've heard what people really feel about this all. There is no more need to explain anything more to =l==l==l= and tSz42 . So it's okay dudes. You have a right not to like groups. I am just sad that you think that way toward us. We work just as hard as you do.

If you happen to come across us at a competition, come on over and let us know. We always want to meet other schools and experience their shows.

Otherwise, I think the discussion of this topic is at an end.

this horse guy is pretty cool. could he be a roman roaming around? :knight:
the_CoLoNeL bids you good day.

mmmm...Potatoes(drool)

Post by mmmm...Potatoes(drool) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:51 pm

just to straighten things out, drummermom, those long lines of smileys were not posted by members of the gghs drumline. And yes they really are a pain and it would be very nice if they weren't there. :D

toeknee tee win
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by toeknee tee win » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:19 pm

For the people that went, What shows did you like on Saturday and why?

Mine... I liked La Sierra's. Kind of wished I thought of it. lol.
Tony T Nguyen

Life is not about FINDING yourself,
Life is about CREATING yourself.

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:57 pm

PS. I don't know fence boy: =|===|===|= or whatever. As for the smileys, I think fence boy was trying to create a bunch of nonsense and annoyance with those that a moderator would lock the thread.

As for me, I have nothing against GGHS, and if I have the chance I'll be glad to come over to you guys and gals and say ' hi ' at the next competition we're at together.
I just had something against this thread. Now if someone else outside of GGHS had started this thread saying "Wow, awesome show guys! big congrats on winning first place." It could've gone a whole different way, but whatever....

Anyways, congrats again. I haven't seen your show yet, but I can't wait to see it, from the way everyone is talking about it.

amangela

<3 drumline

Post by amangela » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:17 pm

hello everybuddy!

i <3 drumline? how bout you? ya?

i should like to think there's a mutual agreement on that. so yaaaay.

good luck to EVERYONE at DOWNEY tomorrow.

and i can't wait to see the other shows. Last time, i was only there for awards [and our performance of course] so i didn't get to see any other shows. :( this would be a very exciting new experience for me and now i'm on the edge of my seat. :D

and to tSz42 and all the others who've congratulated us, thank you. we'd be more than happy to meet you and see your show as well.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:32 pm

I think this thread needs to be locked because it has outlived it's usefullness.

To =l==l==l=:
What is flooding a thread going to do for your name? In all my years of posting I never seen someone so immature as to flood a thread... Please sit in the corner think about your actions.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:30 am

Looks like everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon here....or drumwagon, whichever you prefer. :wink:

I love giving threads chances, but then again its not really my say in this particular forum. However, I can recommend that this thread be locked and used as an example on how NOT to post. Giving your band an ego trip is very much a good way to RUIN your bands reputation. :x :twisted:

Furthermore you not only disrespect your peers and colleauges, but you also disrespect yourselves by giving everyone in your program an ego boost. :roll:

So I suggest jumping off the wagon and start posting respectfully and on other threads else you'll find this very thread gone very quickly. :shock:

The choice is yours.

Have a great day! :D
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007