Garden Grove HS

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

RCMusic
Rookie
Rookie

What's the problem?

Post by RCMusic » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:09 pm

I don't know what the problem is with someone posting some congrats to their program here? Remember it is a public forum! Why are so many people electing themselves to be Post police and getting so agro over stuff they don’t like? If no one reply’s it will get barred in the shuffle in a matter of days.

Stop being a simpleton. If you don't like this strain of topic, there are another 575 other topics to bemuse yourself with in the Drum Line section alone. So go find another topic and get off of this groups case. They are not badmouthing anyone! They are not even being overly boastful; they are trying to be polite.

I think the comments levied against this post are as Dave rightly said "Childish" and shows a lack of respect for your fellow bandsmen.

So yes, the choice IS yours, if you don't like the topic, move on, start another topic, don't come back. Stop being disrespectful of each other, this includes you older people who act, at times, like Big Brother.

Lastly, the following quote is so asinine; I can’t believe it comes from a moderator…

”Furthermore you not only disrespect your peers and colleagues, (Spelling!) but you also disrespect yourselves by giving everyone in your program an ego boost.”

Good Grief! Is this not a public forum where likeminded people come to share their thoughts. How can it, the original post, be considered disrespectful of “peers and colleagues”?

This a great place to come and share the love of competitive music programs. How can soliciting a little feedback and or elation of a job well done, without being overly boastful construe this type of comment, or any of the other mean spirited comments from our fellow posters?

It does not, and should not. BE NICE, PLEASE!

Reggie Cordero

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:04 pm

How can soliciting a little feedback and or elation of a job well done, without being overly boastful construe this type of comment
Did you read all the posts?
How can it, the original post, be considered disrespectful of “peers and colleagues”?
refer to previous comment.

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:10 pm

PS - can we lock the thread please, pretty pretty please !!! :lol:

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:42 pm

tSz42 wrote:PS - can we lock the thread please, pretty pretty please !!! :lol:
Yes.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

toeknee tee win
New Recruit
New Recruit

A very big thank you!

Post by toeknee tee win » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:41 am

I really need to let everyone know how awesome Baldwin Park High School is. I use to teach there and due to changes, I am no longer there. We compete against Baldwin Park today in the same division and they still supported or program at Garden Grove. They came back and cheered us on, they had so much class, after we were off the stage, they all came to the exit and congratulated all of my students. They even help the line move equipment back to the truck.

You guys really have a lot of class and respect. Thank you for still being there for me. I'm proud of you guys!
Tony T Nguyen

Life is not about FINDING yourself,
Life is about CREATING yourself.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

ya

Post by curios0811 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:41 am

Sup Tony. I think thats great when u have your former students come cheer you on and support your other school. I had a bunch of Westminster kids yesterday cheering their heads off when i was with Garfield.

Also Congrats on the comp yesterday. keep pushing hard cause its only gonna get harder. Champs is jus around the cornor!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck
Yo