Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

leesah
New Recruit
New Recruit

Garden Grove HS

Post by leesah » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:49 pm

Hey everyone,

I'd just like to give a quick howdy to anyone from the Garden Grove HS Drumline and a thanks to everyone that came out and supported us at our last show at La Mirada.

Our next competition is at Downey and we'd appreciate any support we could when we perform! :)

GG Drumline_rs... holler :wink:
__ Garden Grove High School
2001-2005 [bass, snare, drum captain]

__ Incognito Drumline
2005-2007 [snare]

jimmyface inc
New Recruit
New Recruit

[insert subject here]

Post by jimmyface inc » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 pm

I'd like to congratulate the GGHS Drumline, once again, for getting first place at La Mirada. After two months of working our butts off, we deserved it.

^-- Awesome.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next three(?) competitions and anything else that we'll do (clinics, concerts, etc.). Keep up the good work!

And a special "thank you" to Michelle, Lisa, and Tony. We wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys. You guys rock! :D
Last edited by jimmyface inc on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:08 pm

Hey! Garden Grove HS Drumline

Congraluations on getting 1st Place at the La Mirada Competition. I wish you guys the very best in the future!

:D 8-) :lol: :wink:
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

amandat

dag

Post by amandat » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:02 pm

off to a good start, huh, everyone? :D

thanks for all the support everyone- the show could only get better :D

iarethe jimi kelly

guess who ... ... ... go on ... guess ...

Post by iarethe jimi kelly » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:58 pm

great job at competition guys :D

we sacrificed a lot [[ namely hours and hours worth of our LIVES :shock: ]]
and it paid off with a pretty blue plaque with a gold man on it... [[ aka... 1st place :lol: ]]

however, keep in mind... there's room to go up
but there's even more room to go down

so let's make sure we continue on our up streak and work our hardest to...

beeee all that.. [[ we ]] can beeee

[[ The Army]] ..i... mmeeeaann... GGHS Drumline 8-)

amangela

<3gghsdrumline

Post by amangela » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:55 pm

duuude. we've come too far to let it all go now. take it home @ championships "yo!" +tries to be gangster+

yea. k. just gotta say.

<333 PIT
+
<333 BATTERY

= [<3]^infinity GGHS DRUMLINE :D

so proud..

special shoutout to TONYTNGUYEN. we wouldn't be here w/out your guidance and inspiration.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 am

Garden Grove, first off good job in your competitions. Just make sure this isn't becoming a "brag about our own school" thread. You will find (as sad as it is) that many times people from the schools who don't win are bitter when the lines that are winning come on here and talk amongst themselves about how hard they worked to win. The truth is ALL the schools worked hard and should be congratulated, so just be careful with this thread as it seems word of World of Pageantry has just recently reached your school and you are all new posters. Good luck with your future performances.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

toeknee tee win
New Recruit
New Recruit

to Goth_MV_Tenor

Post by toeknee tee win » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:11 pm

To:Goth_MV_Tenor

How are you? I am Tony T Nguyen the instructor. I want to thank you for your thoughts for my students. I totally understand what you are talking about because of the past with other schools. I have a couple things to say on their behalf.

It is true that they need to know they might not win for the rest of the season in people's eyes, but the reality is that, these students have made history for themselves, and that they have achieved so much already. They "won" because they have been working together to achieve a goal.

Garden Grove students win and lose with class. They are taught to respect other lines and people that come into their lives to help them. They know that a piece of plastic does not determine how great they are but more of the process of hard work and the friendships made along the way.

These students are excited because like all performers, when you put heart into a project, the reward is the feeling we get when we walk off that court.

Garden Grove... this is only the begining and we know we have our work cut out for us. We moved up a division because we agred we wanted to challenge ourselves. Life is more rewarding that way. Remember... live your life... don't just get by and continue with your blue cards.

I am proud of all of you.
Tony T Nguyen

Life is not about FINDING yourself,
Life is about CREATING yourself.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:31 pm

Good Job guys... I didn't get to see your show yet but I saw the scores. Keep it up! :D
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

funkyfresh87

Whoo Ha

Post by funkyfresh87 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:08 pm

Hey everyone, great job at the last comp and much thanks to everyone that came last week to support those who supported us. It's been a new adventure for us all and I know that we have a long way to go, so lets keep driving towards that goal and turn what we wrote down in the blue cards into a reality.

Life's a jungle sometimes so lets just make it out of this safari season with some memories , be they good or bad, i'm sure we'll all be glad that those moments were had. The whole music program has been relatively new to me, and I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much if it weren't for the people I met and grew to love as if they were my own family. There are X amount of days until championships , so lets show the world what we're really made of.

desertbumwithdrum

Post by desertbumwithdrum » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:54 pm

hello losers, its the coolest cat on the planet. ummm...... doesnt ring a bell? how bout the hottest tenor player around. no? fine. :x its craig

Tim Pony

Post by Tim Pony » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:08 pm

congrats to garden grove's drumline. first place at la mirada. Best of luck to everyone on our next competition at Downey (?) and i know we'll have a lot of fun. keep up the good work 8-)

signed
- HAR my identity will remain secret! :roll:

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:30 am

Hey! Garden Grove's Drumline

I would like to congraduated the Drumline Members and the staff for a great 1st place ranking at la mirada

P.S.

Hey! Tony

This is Elizabeth Ortiz. Would you please email at EOrtizVisualDesigner@gmail.com. I would like to talk to you about some stuff I need help with my Percussion Arrangements!

:wink: :lol: 8-)
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

mmmm...Potatoes(drool)

Post by mmmm...Potatoes(drool) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:57 pm

hahahah. emoticons. There is no emoticon for how i feel. ohh yeah comic book guy :D Anyways away from the randomness. yeah yeah my computer is fixed so i am posting now. after reading these i must say that I WILL NOT CONFORM!!! WE DIDNT DO GREAT. WE SUCKED. HA!!!!! Just kidding. it was tons of fun except for the whole costume falling off part. that was not fun. As good as we were we have a lot more to do and much room for improvement. so, be glad you got my irish luck on your side :wink: See you later. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: lol. emoticons is a funny word.

AuX_to_the_MaX

Post by AuX_to_the_MaX » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:18 pm

yes I agree that emoticons is a funny word. yeah lets be pumped that we did well but keep in the reality that we still have to work hard to keep our position. I'm not being all negative, it's just true. But just the same. TOGA TOGA!

as long as we are serious about working hard to do well, we can't lose. even if we don't win anything, we still won because of our accomplishments in and out of the ....court?.....ring?....field.....gym......PLACE. :shock:

Go AuXiLaRy!!!! booyeah
the_CoLoNeL bids you good day.