Winter with the NCBA

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:27 pm

i've come to accept that drumlines "always get the shaft" because that's how it just seems to be.
winter GUARD came first, so it makes sense for them to get the bigger gym. plus there are always more guard then drumlines. and there is a large following with guards. but pretty soon the drumline gym is GOING to have to be bigger than what is given, because the crowds are getter bigger. i came into watch drumlines towards the middle of the open drumline competition, and i was forced to sit on the side. even the instructors weren't able to sit in an appropriate spot to watch their own groups. but whatever...i guess i'll be sitting in the foothill drumline gym through the crap lines to get a good seat.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:29 pm

pitchick00 wrote:i guess i'll be sitting in the foothill drumline gym through the crap lines to get a good seat.
SAVE ME A SEAT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

crap?

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:52 pm

pitchick00 wrote:...i guess i'll be sitting in the foothill drumline gym through the crap lines to get a good seat.
Then you might be pleasantly surprised because the "crap lines" aren't that at all. Sure, I saw a few lines that were hard to handle, but there are some GOOD Amateur and Scholastic lines this year, real good.

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:57 pm

i believe pitchick00 was referring to the lines to get a good seat because foothills drumline venue is small and theres only bleachers on one side of the gym. almost exactly like granadas percussion venue.

JBoo

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:25 am

thanks jb...that's exactly what i was referring to.
i'm not saying ALL amatuer and scholastic drumlines are "crap" because believe me i've seen my share of high caliber drumlines in the lower divisions (armijo for example).
the foothill gym is small and cramped, and if you were at granada, get ready to deal with the same problem at foothill.
sorry you took my comment out of context.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:50 am

pitchick00 wrote:sorry you took my comment out of context.
I'm not mad, however I don't think I took it out of context. Saying that you'll have to sit through the crap lines at Foothill is pretty clear. I might suggest using a different way of refering to those lines that work their butts off and may not have the experience, leadership, or quality instructors. That's all I mean. You might offend someone. :D

Tony E
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tony E » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:02 pm

Hi!! I have been reading these posts for a while now and I have to say that I am not offended at all. Actually I am quite happy to see so many good lines in the Scholastic Division. I have been with Armijo for the last 2 years and I have seen these kids grow and mature. For someone to point out Armijo as a High Caliber Drumline makes me happy. It has been years since they have had real Percussion Instructors. As the Caption Head I am especially excited to see them in the Scholastic Division. There are so many good lines in this Division. I have not seen to many shows, but from what I have seen I am impressed with what the other High Schools are doing. I have talked to some of the other Scholastic Instructors and I can say that it is not only Instructors that make the Difference in a Line, but what the kids are doing for their Line. How hard are they working? How much time are they spending outside of rehearsal cleaning up their music and marching? Also it pays to have good Instructors if you can Afford them. I don't believe in "Crap Lines", because I have seen Armijo's Drumline go through alot of growing pains in the last few years and they have always had their heart in the right place. Well I hope to see everyone at Foothill!!!!

Tony Escobedo :!:

audrizzle13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by audrizzle13 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:56 pm

Oh no....hes found his way on here......ahhhhhhh...run for cover! J/k Tony.

I'm not one to talk much about drumlines seeing as how ive seen maybe 6 shows this season...but from what I have seen it seems like everyone is becoming more competitive in both MS and HS in all divisions. Dover MS's show is super cool, gotta love the dragon. Vallejo MS is awesome, but I only saw them in the warm up room at Armijo. Vanden, gotta love Matty, but hes put together a good show for those kids. Those kids all seem to fit together and they work really well as a team. FHS open is awesome, but I consider myself slightly bias since a lot of my friends are on the line including my cousin.
myspace.com/audreypuff
Nurses do it painless.
Nurses do it with TLC.
Nurses do it with care.
Nurses do it with intensive care.