Winter with the NCBA

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

LTL'98
New Recruit
New Recruit

Winter with the NCBA

Post by LTL'98 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:31 pm

Ah, another winter percussion season in the NCBA.

The NCBA lines have been really quiet, so I'd like to hear from the drumlines in this circuit. Hows your line doing? Whats your show? What shows are you looking forward to? When's your first performance? Fears? Aspirations? Fries with that? :lol:

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:52 pm

well it looks like NCBA is still asleep. For benicia middle it looks like this year is the strongest they have ever been. first shows coming up at armijo...i wont be able to be with my kids at their first comp...but thats okay...im sure theyll make me proud. for Benicia High, another exciting show and were doing good for just starting our show a couple of weeks after rose parade. our first comp for high school is at wilcox. fear? lots. just got our last piece of music and hoping everything will lock in before our first show. more info bout other lines.....please?
JBoo

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:36 pm

I'm lookin forward to seeing Wilcox, VAPAC, Arroyo, and Fairfield's show this year...

speakin of comps... I'll be attending Vallejo on March 12th and Pleasanton on April 9th.
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

SaveFerris368
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SaveFerris368 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:43 pm

Well, progress is being made at Fairfield High, we have all our music and we're learning the rest of our drill tomorrow, just in time for our home show next Saturday. Our theme is dreams, good and bad, set to the music of Dream Theater. I know me and the rest of us in the line are really excited to perform this show. It's gonna be sweet. I've been hearing good things about Amador Valley and I'm looking forward to Foothill's show, they really impressed me last year.
- Fairfield High School Percussion -
'02 - '06
Band Council President
Drum Captain

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:39 pm

instructor at vallejo middle school...doing music to The Who. i think it's goin to be "awesome." our last performance was at rodriguez hs like two weeks ago... got first for whatever division we're in (honestly i'm one of those who don't like awards ceremonies and don't like to stay...the kids or fellow instructors let me know what happened). i'm just looking forward to the season...these kids have potential to do well, just some minor tears that can be fixed with some ensemble time.

i've barely seen any percussion shows (i've been watching a lot of guard lately), but hopefully i can catch some by vallejo classic (and eat some lumpia there while i'm at it! that is if they still serve that). if not, i'll take the fries.

i know it's real early in the season...but seriously ncba has been REAL quiet. i don't know what any schools are doin this year, let alone who is still IN ncba. what's up with that? is it that a lot of folks are movin out of ncba into ccgc/wgi type stuff? hmm...
Last edited by pitchick00 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:40 pm

Good Luck to all those goin to Wilcox this Friday... see you all in Vallejo!
Wendy

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:29 am

Good job to all those at Wilcox tonight!....

does anyone have the line up and scores? I'm askin about the line up cause I took a bunch of pictures but I don't remember who's who haha... you can PM it to me if you like...

Well as soon as I'm back on my regular computer I'll post up pictures...

See some of ya at Vallejo
Wendy

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:14 am

got to see some drumlines at vallejo classic...what'd you guys think? i KNOW wtran00 has GOT to have somethin to say! =)

granite bay: honestly, looks a lot like past VHS shows, but it makes sense due to the instructors (john zarco, and ryan novero). i still like it tho...

golden valley: does anyone remember GV doin planets before? i swore they did, but i could be thinkin a different school.

bethel: they've come a LOOOOOOOONG way up. looks similar to hogan shows, but it was enjoyable. i don't know about those spandex tops tho. =)

hogan: they've worked their way back up the ladder of open drumlines, after a long absence. typical hogan show, with the storyline, but it's a good one.

vallejo: some props MOST chops...yet the show has yet to build some development...no climax and resolution for me.

my opinions...

i'll come back with more opinions but i'm sleepy. night
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:30 am

pitchick00 wrote:got to see some drumlines at vallejo classic...what'd you guys think? i KNOW wtran00 has GOT to have somethin to say! =)

HAHAH... yea.. I guess I do... But... I think I'll keep most of my reviews to myself... :) if you really wanna know what I thought about some of the schools IM me or something...

I'll post some groups that stood out to me...

Springstowne M.S- Legend of Zelda, very very cute... music wasn't to bad... nice drill for a middle school I thought they performed real well..

VAPAC- way different than last year.. younger group... music by Holsinger and I think there was some stuff from the Piano... the show is obviously not finished yet.. but looks like it'll be awesome when it's done... can't wait to see the finished product...

Vanden H.S. okay I recognized some of the music (what was it?) nice drill.. good music...

Arroyo- wowser! These guys were great... music was muy entertaining, kids put out a lot of energy... Love the drill... some here and there, but it'll get there... Gotta love the lunch boxes in the begining...

Golden Valley- pitchick00 I don't know if GV did planets before... I didn't even know they had a winter line... Show wasn't to bad... I liked the backdrops they had :)

Well that's pretty much it...

enjoy...

PS I guess I should warn you all I don't normally give reviews so yea... they're not to descriptive heh..
Wendy

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Livermore/Granada

Post by malletphreak » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:39 am

ah.. while I'm on here.. Who's all goin to the comp this weekend?
Wendy

cymplaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cymplaya » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:55 am

I am........

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:18 pm

cymplaya wrote:I am........
i kno you are !! lol :-D
Wendy

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:51 pm

hey wtran sorry to put you on the spot like that.

anyway, ill be at the livermore/granada show. AGH...first show at 840am! CRAP...so i think we're scheduled to leave at 6am! oh the agony of teaching a middle school!
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:53 pm

pitchick00 wrote:hey wtran sorry to put you on the spot like that.

anyway, ill be at the livermore/granada show. AGH...first show at 840am! CRAP...so i think we're scheduled to leave at 6am! oh the agony of teaching a middle school!
heh.. its all good :)

wow 6 AM!!! AHHHH ... have fun.. drink lots of .. uhm.. jolt?
Wendy

Remo

Post by Remo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:59 pm

Armijo and Elk grove has gone up alot also.