Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Drumline Jackets

Post by MinCook » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:21 pm

Hi guys

I was looking around in different places recently that would do a design or somthing for our drumline jacket. So far I found an embroidering place that would embroider "WHS DRUMLINE", a lion, and our name and what not for 34 bucks... 34 plus another 30 for the dickies jacket would bring up a grand total of 64 buckaroos. Is there a cheaper alternative? Does anybody know of any places that would do this cheaper? :hum:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:28 pm

Yeah, you want cheaper...don't get them embroidered. If someone you know in the drumline or band has a mom/dad that is a graphic designer, have them design the jacket for you. Then just get some generic jackets (hoodies or sweatshirts would work better), and have a print shop screen the graphics (that you got for free) on the jackets. Then you just pay the money for a generic jacket and the print shop, both of which you should be able to find for pretty cheap.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

xWMSxGrLx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xWMSxGrLx » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:01 pm

Minh, we have a tech lab at Warner.

You can print out the design and in the lab there is a iron thingy you can use to iron it on the jacket. LoL, that's how the school makes ours. Ask Mr.A to see if he can talk to Mrs.Johnson about letting you guys design your jackets there.

Since WHS is the school we feed into, I'm sure she'd help you guys out.
Baritone/Euphonium
2006 - "Rise Of Samurai" - Bass drum - caption :]
2006- "Oh, What a World" - WG
2007- JV WG- "Wanted: Dead or Alive"

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:35 pm

The problem with iron ons is they don't work well to begin with and wash off and fade very quickly, very low quality. I'd say put in the few extra bucks to get a screen print.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

echsdrummergirl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by echsdrummergirl » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:15 pm

our drumline just got jackets from wal mart i think, and took them to this embrodery guy that has been doing our band shirts and jackets also. ours run about $25-$30, and same with our band jackets.

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:05 pm

You know who You have to ask is Arcadia's drumline. I have seen their jackets and trust me they are really cool. NOw since they are in the city of "Arcadia" no offince I'm just pointing out that the City of Arcadia is a rich city...anyways there jackets may be top of the line or not. So in any case just try to talk to one of thoese guys it looks like they have a cool thing.
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:08 am

I donno about what it's like where y'all are but in my junior high we had home ec and we got to cook and sew and use the machine and stuff.

WELL, there's an actual point. The home ec teacher could do patterns and stuff with a computer attached to her sewing machine that would do certain colors and all that jazz. Buying some thread and sweet talking a mom or teacher might work.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:16 am

Minh,
Embroidering is generally more expensive, but the big cost is for the initial "tape" that the machine uses to generate the same design over and over again. C & L in Cypress does the letterman's jackets, etc, for most of the sports groups in our area - call them for a realistic price quote (they're in the book). As mentioned, screening is a much less expensive option. Show Off Designs in Fullerton does good work for a decent price (they do our band shirts) (They're also in the book).

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:49 am

Thanks Guys! But I already found a place that could do the embroidering for a decent price, and our drumline jacket comes to a grand total of $55. Thanks so much for all your input and suggestions! :drums:

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:04 pm

Minh,
If it's a good company, share the name here!

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:15 pm

Its outta state, the only reason I am going to this place is because my mom is going to florida to visit my aunt... Its a family business. I don't think it would be pratical for anybody in Socal because of S/H costs.