Who Do You Think Will Come Out On Top This Season At Adla?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:57 am

Lol, hhs. Theres no hostile actions or hate. I also don't
treat this activity like it is a full-contact sport.
Best of luck to all the lines out there!
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Saddleback

Post by hhs1 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:42 am

HEY RICH first let me tell you how much respect we at HAWTHORNE have
for SADDLEBACK i know exacly wat your going trhough and we at HHS HAVE NOTHING but the upmost respect for your line and most of the lines at adla.
THE topic of jusging well we agree with you 100% adla must modernize
a very unfair and at times awful system. As far as SADDLEBACK dude
it is a mirracle that we at hawthorne are even active this season heres a good
example we registerd for scpa in late september last year i turned in all my paperwork to the district office the same day for payment. I recived a receipt from the district office confirmming the payment . months went by and last week i decided to check scpa web site for performance time SULPRISE!!!!!!
WE WERE NOT IN THE LINE UP. call scpa no payment recived. district never sent it. so our season at scpa is prety much gone. As far as u being in open?
as long as you compete it is good for adla lets face it! lets name some quality ADLA lines wich WERE AND ARE succesful in all WGI SCPA ADLA as of last year?
only 2 SADDLEBACK AND HAWTHORNE so the fact that we are here brings
credibility to an ADLA wich in my opinion is great but really not taken serious.
ANY WAY my posting was clear WHAT IS YOUR PIC NO MATTER WHO AND TO EXPAND WHAT ARE YOU ALL PERFORMING . NOTHING MORE . TO FINALIZE
I THINK WE ALL COMMEND YOU IN WHAT YOU DO KEEPING ONE OF THE MOST COMPETITIVE FEARED "yes we feared you guys last year" LINES IN COMPETITION. UR ACTIONS KEEP HOPE ALIVE FOR US ALL AND WE COMMEND YOU.
HOPE YOU HAVE A KICKASS LINE THIS YEAR JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!!!

SO WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE PLAYING OUT THERE WHAT ARE YOUR PRE SEASON PICS??? IN ALL DIVISIONS????????????

HHS1 CAP HEAD HHS :twisted:

drummermom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummermom » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am

I just have to say that while predictions and the like are fine and sometimes even fun, they do tend to focus on one or two competitors and ignore others.

For example, Huntington Beach has moved to Open this year; so has Rio Mesa (and for the record, I'm a mom from Rio Mesa, so my bias should be taken into account...)

Both of these groups competed head-to-head last year and fought hard through the season and into championships to win. Their scores were excellent, and that has continued into Marching Band season this year.

Don't assume they aren't contenders. I haven't even seen our show yet, just heard about it, but if the kids put their hearts in the way they did last year (and same for HBHS), there will be challenges all along the way for those 'established' groups as well as the newcomers to Open.

So wait and see. It's all going to be about how you perform on a specific day as a group. And please -- don't diss the judges in ADLA. You may agree or disagree with the criteria they set for scoring and judging, but the bottom line is that competing is good for all the groups as well as ADLA, and they are entitled to set the standard they use for judging and awards. Having been in other disciplines where politics plays a huge part in the outcome, I have been very surprised and gratified that in the MB and Drumline world, the judges actually seem to have a set of unbiased standards they use to evaluate everyone.

Thanks for the ear, and good luck to everyone competing in ADLA, SCPA, and WGI this year!

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Open?

Post by hhs1 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:38 pm

I agree with you 100% I personally have seen those 2 lines grow in the last
2 years congrats on being a dedicated parent im jealous i wish i had alot of parents as your self. BEFORE I STATE WHAT I STATE look at the consequence
of poor judging and quality world renound dci caliber judging. poor judging
drives great groups to other venues of competition ovbiously you have attended wgi and scpa the caliber of groups competing are far superior
to what we see now in adla. PERSONALLY I LOVE 99.9 OF ADLA JUDGES
I SUPPORT ADLA AND WILL COMPETE THERE FOR YEARS TO COME, BUT
then why is everyone else in wgi-scpa avoiding adla ? talking to some of my fellow wgi scpa competitors they all say 2 things judging and too soft not serious about "hard hitting competition" THIS IS WHY WGI HAS PRELIMS
AND FINALS AT EVERY SHOW. IN MY OPINION THERE ARE ALOT OF NEW JUDGES IN ADLA FRESH BODIES VERY WELL QUALIFIED SO THINGS SHOULD GET ALOT BETTER, BUT like it or not WGI-SCPA ARE THE STANDARD of
EXELLENCE at least for now we will see in a few years so lets all raise the level of exellence and expect nothing but the best from All of our adla brothers and sisters IN ALL DIVISIONS GOOD LUCK TO ALL
HHS1

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Open?

Post by The Aceman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:47 pm

hhs1 wrote:world renound dci caliber judging.
:lol: Phew, that was a good one, I needed a laugh today. Yup, no politics in Drum Corps judging :roll: . Just because the corps are the top of the line, doesn't mean the judges are.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.