Drumline Documentary

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

TODrumMajor

Drumline Documentary

Post by TODrumMajor » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:44 am

Hey Y'all
Im a film major at UCSB, and I'm making a documentary about drumline. I would appreciate anyone sending me either a short one sentence description of why you march, or about some life lesson you learned in drumline/marching band or about why drumline/marching band is important to you. Im hoping to create some WGI DVD-esque intro, and need some content for it. Either reply to this message or send it to me at either CENuttall@mac.com or CENuttall@Umail.UCSB.edu.

Thanks
Charlie Nuttall
Charlie Nuttall
Visual Staff - Thousand Oaks High School
Visual Staff - San Marcos High School
Former Thousand Oaks Drum Major

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:47 am

You can send me a PM if you want and I can tell you where i live and you can talk about my drumline>>>>we dont do indoor tho....(WGI,ect.)
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:26 pm

We have indoor season coming up soon! Our school is a very poor school, even though our city and bonds stuff has fixed it up our band is a poor band, and even though we may not have the best equipment, our drummers work hard and give everything their all.
Nothing is impossible with God!

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:33 pm

altogirl06 wrote:We have indoor season coming up soon! Our school is a very poor school, even though our city and bonds stuff has fixed it up our band is a poor band, and even though we may not have the best equipment, our drummers work hard and give everything their all.
Im really happy to hear that, I remember Oceanside in ADLA my freshman year, and you guys did really well. But I also remeber last year that something happened and you guys couldn't do indoor. This is why we can't take our drumline programs for granted! Best of luck for your upcoming season.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

MyBassDrumIsSoRad

winterline!! woo!!!

Post by MyBassDrumIsSoRad » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:58 pm

I can't wait until indoor season starts, I'm hoping to make the snare line but hopefully nothing goes wrong like last year. our drumline is already small, if people quit it would be...bad.
G-Unit~!

Oceanside High School Drumline....
The Driving Force Behind Any Successful Pirate Raid...

MyBassDrumIsSoRad

the documentary

Post by MyBassDrumIsSoRad » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:05 pm

I've only been marching with the drumline this year, but from that I've already learned that it takes more than one person to have a good drumline because you rise together as a line, and you fall together as a line,and good skill really does come from practicing.
G-Unit~!

Oceanside High School Drumline....
The Driving Force Behind Any Successful Pirate Raid...

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: the documentary

Post by Survivor » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:03 pm

MyBassDrumIsSoRad wrote:I've only been marching with the drumline this year, but from that I've already learned that it takes more than one person to have a good drumline because you rise together as a line, and you fall together as a line,and good skill really does come from practicing.
We dont do indoor at my school but our field unit is very strong and I think that what "MyBassDrumIsSoRad" said is sooo true good luck and skill to your group. If you follow that youw ill do great

-Dave Kuhns

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: the documentary

Post by Survivor » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:06 pm

MyBassDrumIsSoRad wrote:I've only been marching with the drumline this year, but from that I've already learned that it takes more than one person to have a good drumline because you rise together as a line, and you fall together as a line,and good skill really does come from practicing.
We dont do indoor at my school but our field unit is very strong and I think that what "MyBassDrumIsSoRad" said is sooo true good luck and skill to your group. If you follow that youw ill do great

-Dave Kuhns

Bobus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bobus » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Id agree as well. My line doesnt have great players we just execute well. Our instructor also writes music that fits the skill of the line and the music of the show. But, if you want to do a documentary on lines you can check out our drumline at The Angel's Stadium on either Wednesday or even Tuesday if you can. Talk to anyone of us we would be happy to chat. We are there from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
2001 - Troy Bassline
2002 - Troy Bassline
2003 - El Dorado Bassline
2004 - El Dorado Bassline captain
"Don't be a D---!"