WBA (!!!) AAAAA Lines

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

TheQ
New Recruit
New Recruit

WBA (!!!) AAAAA Lines

Post by TheQ » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:49 pm

Alright so there's been a lot of talk of SCSBOA 5a lines in this forum, but not too much as far as WBA. Now that WBA championships are over, let's hear opinions about the AAAAA drumlines...

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:27 pm

as a SCSBOA 6a member, I love to wach the AAAAA Lines in WBA. Ayala is one of my favoties....I love how they use there lone snar drummer in the show nive efect. And of course.......MV....WOW that is all i can say. There intire percussion section is gret to the pit all the way to the last Bass Drummer. I'm very happy to see MV come out with a percussion victory.....

I think that mabey Logan could take a second and cool off their guard and band, and work with there drumline. I love all WBA drumlines but I think that Logan puts a little too much into their gurad.......Ayala and Mission put a little into both and that is why to me they both have great guards and drumlines.....Logan just Guard.......
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

TheQ
New Recruit
New Recruit

A Refresher...

Post by TheQ » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:42 pm

These were the AAAAA bands that were there at the champs last saturday, so you can comment about all of these lines if you saw them at the show...

Logan
Mission Viejo
Upland
Clovis West
Ayala
Evergreen
Beyer
Trabuco Hills
El Toro
Cerritos
Oak Grove
North Salem
Thousand Oaks
Nogales
Buchanan

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: A Refresher...

Post by Survivor » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:19 pm

TheQ wrote:These were the AAAAA bands that were there at the champs last saturday, so you can comment about all of these lines if you saw them at the show...

Logan
Mission Viejo
Upland
Clovis West
Ayala
Evergreen
Beyer
Trabuco Hills
El Toro
Cerritos
Oak Grove
North Salem
Thousand Oaks
Nogales
Buchanan
hey how were Thousand Oaks I'm going to be seeing them this comming sat. at SCSBOA champ. And I wonder are they going to be competive against Chino, and Etiwanda
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:24 pm

Well, I was there, so I'll just say what I remember about each show.

Logan-Awesome show, awesome music. The Firebird Suite was definetly a great choice for music, and the guard was great. But, the drumline wasn't quite as impressive as others like MV and Ayala.

Mission Viejo-A great show, especially percussion-wise. They did Mars from The Planets, but I would have liked maybe to see one or two of the other planets in there. Oh well, the show was fantastic anyways. One of my favorite parts was the big accelerando. Their guard had a lot of drops in the night show though-there was some intense wind.

Upland-I don't remember much about the music because I was too focused on the FANTASTIC DRILL they were performing. Lots of good, clean rotations.

Clovis West-Awesome, very clean drumline. They did the little BD thing where the sound goes from one side to another. It was pulled off very well!

Ayala-Lived up to their name. The drumline was very clean and the show was great overall.

Trabuco Hills-I LOVE this show, I have a recording of it on my computer. It was called "Heartbeat" and has tons of great moments both visually and musically. My favorite moments: At the beginning, the tubas do 2 eighth notes and the guard is in a circle, and starts doing their thing. Only lasts about 10 seconds but is way cool. Also, maybe 2/3 into the show, there's a high note on the synthesiser, the narrarator says "clear," and it goes into all this cool pit and battery stuff. Awesome battery. I love you THHS!

Thousand Oaks-The show had to do with flight. The beginning is awesome, the guard has these big paper (I think it's paper) birds which are attatched to string and are on poles. The effect is very cool-one pops up at first, and then others appear. The drumline was very clean from my vantage point.

Pretty much all the bands were great. Again, I just wrote what I remember.
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance