Changes at SCV

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Changes at SCV

Post by cobybos » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:37 pm

It looks like Jim Casella and Jim Ancona have left Santa Clara Vanguard. SCV's website states that Gusseck will serve as caption head and arranger. SCV has also entered an exclusive endorsement with Vic Firth. Both Jims are IP endorsers. Word is that the endorsement deal is one of the issues that led them to leave SCV.

Gabe

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:00 pm

I cant believe that both Jim Casella and Jim Ancona would leave SCV Organization just becuase of a endoresment with other company. But they will both wont last long with a teaching gig. With all that experience under their belts they will find other Organization to be with.

:roll: 8-) :D
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:41 pm

I think that SCV will do just fine and I can't wait to see a two year win this comming summer
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

TheQ
New Recruit
New Recruit

yep

Post by TheQ » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:29 am

Yeah the Jims definitely aren't listed on the staff roster anymore... who's gonna be writing the pit book then-- Murray? I didn't know whether or not he had pit experience.

So you think it's due to a full Vic Firth endorsement? I know the drumline was using Vic Firth all along, but I also knew that Casella was an IP endorser... Was the pit using all IP products or what? Just curious-- seems weird that they would both quit just because of that.
Matt King
Clovis West High School - Fresno, CA
Tenor Line Section Leader 2005, 2006
Drumline Section Leader 2006

Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cadetsnare » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:23 pm

Jim Ancona and I were roommates together at Umass, were in a bazillion ensembles together and drove down to Cadets camps together. He's a dear friend, and I'm going to call him tomorrow to see what his plans are.
Regarding the IP thing...I was an endorser for the company, and when I ended my endorsement to endorse Vic Firth products, let's just say that they were more than a little touchy. If Jim left for that reason alone, then IMO there must have been some serious pressure from the corps director to go the VF route. Jim is a consummate musician, and a great guy, as well. I certainly wish him well, and I'm sure that his schedule will be consistently busy, both as a writer for many groups and with his many committments to the U of Delaware.
...proudly quashing bad left hands since 1988....
Pearl, Remo and Vic Firth artist, and I make one heck of an omelette.