New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:58 am

Where are you from Bass1?
Game On.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:07 am

As an alumnus of Rancho Bernardo I'd like to let you know RBtenor that there will always be haters out there. Just let them run their mouths and know that you are part of one of the best programs in California. Also keep in mind your postings in a way represent RB so keep it clean. I'm sure Mr. Cole doesn't want to deal with his students posting in conduct not representative of the Royal Regiment.

Be humble in victory and respectful in defeat.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

dudewheresmycar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dudewheresmycar » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:53 am

Being an alumnus of RB also, I second what Mike just said. To the RB Drummers on here: you guys don't need to stoop a lot of people's levels on here. RB is a first-class program and I'm sure Mr. Cole, Mr. Horimoto, and Mr. Hernandez have taught you that. You guys don't have to prove yourselves by having a kick-*ss winter drumline (which means nothing), you guys already proved yourselves last saturday. Be proud of your accomplishments and leave it on the field. Best of you luck to you guys on Saturday. Go RB!

Kybo_Ren
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Kybo_Ren » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:48 pm

Thanks, and we're working extra hard to get a better score this saturday.

"Be humble in victory and respectful in defeat."
Yeah, our instructor told us that. It's actually good advice.

Just out of curiosity, what are your names?

RBtenor06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:13 pm

Thanks guys, we were just trying to make a statement, since no one has really recognized us as a top line since 2001. I dont mean to give RB a bad name or anything, trust me. And yeah, what are your names, I've been around the RB drumline/band for 7 years so i may know who you are. (My brother marched 4 years in the line as well).
Game On.

bass1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bass1 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:19 pm

oh trust me, i'm not hating on RB's line at all...I'm just asking that those of you posting from RB be humble instead of continuing to post about yourselves and your win at Vista...it really gets old
bass 1

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Best Drum Line

Post by JLGORMAN » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:09 pm

I guess you never heard of Winston Churchill's Drum Line. Please Ask Ayala about how good they were at WGI in Columbus,OHIO in 2003. better yet you can see them at the Rose Bowl Parade this year.

We also have our own Drum Line competitions here in TX. I think I hit a nerve challenging the thread which while it is to be about the best Drum Line( I guess non-Californians just are not included) I thought this was the World of Pageantry, not the World of California Paeantry.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:15 pm

Well, if you REALLY want to talk about the BEST drumlines we should probably be talking about the Cadets and Santa Clara...
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:43 pm

Kybo_Ren wrote:Thanks, and we're working extra hard to get a better score this saturday.

"Be humble in victory and respectful in defeat."
Yeah, our instructor told us that. It's actually good advice.

Just out of curiosity, what are your names?
I'm Mike S. a trumpet player and I graduated in 2001. The frosh during my senior year are now graduated so I don't really know anyone except the younger siblings of my friends.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:43 pm

Hey your back Bass1!! Long time no see... looks like your still on a mission huh :wink: . When will they ever learn? lol
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

Kybo_Ren
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Kybo_Ren » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:50 pm

I'm Mike S. a trumpet player and I graduated in 2001. The frosh during my senior year are now graduated so I don't really know anyone except the younger siblings of my friends.
Then you might know my brother, Chris B. He played quads that year. You might know Trevor A. better, who was section leader of battery that year.
Small 'world of pageantry'. Surprises me there are other people from RB here (graduated or not).

RBtenor06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:58 pm

Yea you may know my brother as well. Chris W. who played tenors that year also. (He was a junior)
Game On.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:33 am

The topic of smaller and earlier lines scoring well has already been discussed in detail on another thread.

bass1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bass1 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:57 am

yep...im back and the funny thing is i already graduated...that's how much it bugs me :\
bass 1