Best Drumlines...Review

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:35 pm

The fact is that......We are going to be having many good line out there this comming sat at Arcadia show. Who ever may win if it is RB,Chino,MC,Loara,DB,or even,ED its giong to be up to the judges. I hope that the Judge does judge according to skill and cleaness of the book, of both the Pit and Battery. I hope everyone has fun because that is the number one thing to do.......my openion is......Its between RB and Chino by Points over other groups......But that is just me

When it comes to Champ. Who knows Arcadia might kick some A$$.......... but Etiwanda is there so rember that the Name does go far I mean just the Name
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

RBtenor06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:07 pm

Arcadia is going to be crazy. Right about now i can care less if we (RB) win or not, if we have a clean show and come off feeling good im all for it. Winning would be nice though, the last time RB took home 1st place hardware was 2001, and that year is full of a snare who were basically ledgends to us.

May the best line win.
Game On.

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:27 am

really who won 2002.......i know 2003 was chino but who won 2002

-Dave Kuhns

RBtenor06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:07 am

2002 was Etiwanda followed by Chino and Rubidoux...(I remember feeling kinda ripped that year, but theres sorta a story behind that dealing with our instructor and him calling the judge and talking crap). Hah i would say what he said but it'd prolly get taken off here anyways....
Game On.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:31 pm

Be humble in victory and respectful in defeat.

great words, gotta keep that in mind...Were does RB compete at, havent seen you guys yet this season?
Yo

RBSnare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RBSnare » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:40 pm

our usual tournament lineup is:
Mt. Carmel Field Tournament + BR
Mira Mesa Field Tournament + BR
Vista Field Tournament + Chula Vista BR
Arcadia Field + BR

last year (2003) we went to championships too, but only because they were next door at westview. if they are any further, arcadia is our last tournament.
My heart's numbered beat
still echoes in this empty room
and fear wells in me
but nothing seems big enough to defend
so im going away, i am going away...

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:17 pm

I am sure that the judge at Arcadia and Championships will rate the groups based on how that particular performance of the entire group meets the criteria, and not on anything else.
As someone has already said, the most important thing (absolutley) is to have fun! Only a couple more shows to go, so the time to max it out is now!!

123porty

Re: Best Drum Line

Post by 123porty » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:48 pm

ok, i apologize. just wanted to say that i think the better drumlines that i know of (WGI and WBA) are usually consistant from year to year.
Last edited by 123porty on Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-drumline member

bass1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bass1 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:20 pm

ouch :x
bass 1

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:36 pm

Um what happend to RB last night I saw their show And I Know they deserve to beat....ED and for sure RBV......What happend? Mabey just a dritty night

-Dave Kuhns

RBtenor06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:59 pm

Nope man, best show of the year for us. The judge didn't like our sound i guess, who knows. They always comment no drum feature for us and bad staging (our school doesnt like to feature the line and keeps us behind the back hash most of the show). O well, we're over it, we felt awesome about it.
Game On.

Kybo_Ren
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Kybo_Ren » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:33 pm

Survivor wrote:Um what happend to RB last night I saw their show And I Know they deserve to beat....ED and for sure RBV......What happend? Mabey just a dritty night
Yeah, that was our best show.

We got a box 3 for staging though. Every single judge has said that we had bad staging.
Maybe next year we'll get good drill.

RBSnare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RBSnare » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:25 am

my RB cohorts express exactly how all of us feel (if anyone in our line, or any line for that matter, is pissed off about that show, they have their priorities mixed up and arent drumming for the right reasons). yes, we were a little bummed that the judge didnt dig what we worked hard to achieve, but WE felt soo good about our show coming off the field, and you cant beat that feeling. no plastic or numbers mean anything compared to that.

congrats to all the groups that performed. i hope it was your best show to date, and that those groups with another show left make that one even better.
My heart's numbered beat
still echoes in this empty room
and fear wells in me
but nothing seems big enough to defend
so im going away, i am going away...

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:32 pm

Sounds like RBsnare's got the right attitude - that'll get you a long way. RBtenor - listen to your tape and you won't find a single comment related to not featuring the line. As for your staging, it effects the way you can be heard (or not) as well as seen. If you felt you had your best show, enjoy that feeling, because it is your own satisfaction with performing that will stay with you longer than any number, trophy, or placing.

RBtenor06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RBtenor06 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:21 pm

Btw, the vista tape said several times our staging was poor and around the back hash way too much, the arcadia review sheet said we were in the back way too much. Not to mention both stated clearly they wanted a pure drum feature.
Game On.