World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:18 pm 
Offline
Drum Major
Drum Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:18 am
Posts: 1956
Location: Riverside



Hey! Everyone

I would like to announce that VVMS will not be doing a marching type Drumline. Instead we are going to do a standstill competition. We are thinking for competing in ADLA and we are in process of also doing SCPA..

:D 8-) :P

_________________
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*


Last edited by MusicCoach on Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:32 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Chino Hills CA
jbdrummerdude wrote:
Even though NCBA isnt with the WGI circuit we are the most competitive circuit in northern california.....dont get me wrong i would love to be in WGI but im saying if NCBA was apart of WGI, WGI would have a lot more lines in sholastic A and some like Foothill and Vallejo would be able to take Fairfield on in scholastic open....also some lines left the NCBA circuit.....like Hogan High...theyre only in the CCGC circuit and WGI circuit...by the way great show this year.


What are you talking about? Just because a circuit is affiliated with WGI, doesn't mean more schools will go there. Instructors register their lines for WGI and they're in.....that's the instructor's choice to put a line in any circuit they want.....not WGI's/any given circuit(NCBA for example)

_________________
Chino Hills High School Percussion Ensemble

Tenor:03-05


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:59 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:10 pm
Posts: 209
Location: LQ
Quote:
Hey! Everyone

I would like to announce that VVMS will not be doing a marching type Drumline. Instead we are going to do a standstill competition. We are thinking for competing in ADLA and we are in process of also doing SCPA..



ahh i remember Alexander Fleming MS did a standstill too.
adla is a good circuit for junior highs cus there were 7 middle schools in jr division last yr and this year canyon river too? not sure if they are though

_________________
Baritone/Euphonium
2006 - "Rise Of Samurai" - Bass drum - caption :]
2006- "Oh, What a World" - WG
2007- JV WG- "Wanted: Dead or Alive"


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:07 pm 
Offline
Drum Major
Drum Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:18 am
Posts: 1956
Location: Riverside



Hey! DanielE

I agree with you alot. Its the Instructor choice to compete in a circuit not the director. But then sometimes it is also the director choice. So if they decided to compete a circuit then good but stop complaining about why they are in that circuit and not in a other one. Just enjoy the show people.

:D 8-) :P ;)

_________________
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:38 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:57 am
Posts: 95
DanielE wrote:
jbdrummerdude wrote:
Even though NCBA isnt with the WGI circuit we are the most competitive circuit in northern california.....dont get me wrong i would love to be in WGI but im saying if NCBA was apart of WGI, WGI would have a lot more lines in sholastic A and some like Foothill and Vallejo would be able to take Fairfield on in scholastic open....also some lines left the NCBA circuit.....like Hogan High...theyre only in the CCGC circuit and WGI circuit...by the way great show this year.


What are you talking about? Just because a circuit is affiliated with WGI, doesn't mean more schools will go there. Instructors register their lines for WGI and they're in.....that's the instructor's choice to put a line in any circuit they want.....not WGI's/any given circuit(NCBA for example)



whoa sorry didnt mean n/e disrespect or nothin. I just meant that NCBA has more percussion units and that NCBA should be affiliated with WGI. If it sounded like i was downing WGI i meant the other way around. NCBA is going downhill. Prices are $75 a unit per show and $105 a unit for champs. Also you get better judging in CCGC/WGI. and wat i meant when i said "....also some lines left the NCBA circuit.....like Hogan High...theyre only in the CCGC circuitblablabla" i meant that NCBA lost Hogan and are prolly going to lose a lot more lines because of how downhill its going. Sorry if i offended n/e one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:05 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:57 am
Posts: 95
MusicCoach wrote:


Hey! DanielE

I agree with you alot. Its the Instructor choice to compete in a circuit not the director. But then sometimes it is also the director choice. So if they decided to compete a circuit then good but stop complaining about why they are in that circuit and not in a other one. Just enjoy the show people.

:D 8-) :P ;)


hey music coach again,
I wish our line was like that. at our school our director chooses everything...kinda feel sorry for our instructor cuz it seems like our directors doing a lot of our instructors job. I mean our instructor would make the line the instructor wants, then they would have to give it to our director and then "the director" would make the line that "the director" wants without even being at try outs or n/e thing. our director hates drum line...to her we either do something bad or we do something horrible and after winter reviews our director would talk about how great the guard did for like 5 minutes then she would start to sit down and stand up and be like "oh yea....good job drum line". sorry bout all the "instructor" and "the director". dont wanna get in trouble or nothin with ppl.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics