Life after Drumline Season

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Life after Drumline Season

Post by MinCook » Mon May 10, 2004 9:09 pm

Hey guys its been a LOOOOOOONG season, so congratulations on your 2004 indoor productions. So what is your drumline doing for the rest of the year and summer? Today we just had day 1 of our fall line tryouts for battery, we are so excited for next years line. And all through summer we will have workshops/clinics to beef up the chops and clean the line. :D
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

lordjedediah
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by lordjedediah » Tue May 11, 2004 3:48 pm

we do concert stuff till the end of the year :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DanielE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DanielE » Tue May 11, 2004 6:20 pm

We had our first clinic today...went very well...
Chino Hills High School Percussion Ensemble

Tenor:03-05

ChaoSnare
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChaoSnare » Tue May 11, 2004 8:33 pm

we don't have offiial try-outs for a few more weeks but tomorrow we have our first fall season rehearsal (the next few rehearsals our captian head judges us on how fast/far we progress, hard work, etc- it's a factor he takes into consideration when setting spots) and when the line is set we have practices during summer to build and keep chops.

*sigh* I still miss DL season though.....Sunday was our final show...ever....

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Tue May 11, 2004 8:46 pm

We have practices over the summer, we have not done any clinics before ever, but that would be awesome. For now it's just back to classical pit music.

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:18 pm

Today we had our first drumline clinic, it was awesome, alot of new talented drummers, so I think this year will be a awesome season!
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

BidDC

Roseville Independent Percussion Ensemble (RIPE)

Post by BidDC » Tue May 11, 2004 9:47 pm

Hello all! RIPE is a year-round percussion line that extends it's activities beyond winter. We just finished another season of WGI. I encourage people to check us out!

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue May 11, 2004 9:58 pm

haha im glad to see everyone working for next year's season. Yesterday was our first day of prelim tryouts and we got about 12 snare drummers that showed up. I heard the first cut is this friday *cross fingers.* Im taking a break from tenors and doing snare for this season. I heard they are taking 6 snares

Crazy_Black_Sax

Post by Crazy_Black_Sax » Tue May 11, 2004 11:37 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA. there is life after percussion? i think not. like most of my bretheren i will go into a deep sleep untill next year's season; when i will rise and feed on the scores of marching season...

its late im tired, shuddup
If you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk.

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Tue May 11, 2004 11:56 pm

There is no real life after percussion... after you graduate high school you go and find another place to play weather it be a college marching band, college winter drumline, independent line, or a senior drum corp... you also have the option of instructing if you so want to... if you have the passion it just keeps going... so that is the life of a percussionst!
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

clargirl05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by clargirl05 » Wed May 12, 2004 4:27 pm

steve is planning on making our drumline for the whole district, which i personally like but not a whole lot of people agree on it...... yesterday people from other schools came but it was only a meeting because the other MS principles have to meet and stuff so clinic and tryouts r postponed. We're learning our whole show throughout the summer.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Wed May 12, 2004 4:45 pm

haha oh yeah I heard about the Westminster Middle School District drumline: Warner Middle School, Stacey Middle School, and Johnson Middle School. What should we call you guys? Westminster Cadets? LOL jk. I'll come down in the summer to help you guys out. :D

drummerfromtroy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummerfromtroy » Wed May 12, 2004 7:59 pm

wtran00 wrote:There is no real life after percussion... after you graduate high school you go and find another place to play weather it be a college marching band, college winter drumline, independent line, or a senior drum corp... you also have the option of instructing if you so want to... if you have the passion it just keeps going... so that is the life of a percussionst!
that's so true! :D
Center Snare '03-'04
Percussion Captain 2001-2004

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Thu May 13, 2004 9:27 pm

band life is so boring for percussion people after winter season is over. its definitely the main reason we all keep coming back each year. without winter season, a lot of us wouldnt stick around just cuz otherwise theres not a whole lot for us to do. field show is big for the band of course and we work hard on it, but nothing compares to winter season and the lengths we go to to make it happen. its always sad to go back to regular band schedule after winter, we all miss winter. and however awesome our winter season was, just makes it that much harder to go back to field and concert stuff cuz we're all just aching to get back into winter.
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

PrideofOklahoma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by PrideofOklahoma » Fri May 14, 2004 10:47 pm

Our line starts practice for Fall Season... although it's nothing like the FUN and INTENSE spring season! :lol: