Pit and battery!

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:06 pm

basshaterbutplayer wrote:it makes me made when pit makes the battery take there stuff to the field

we get our PE creditby marching, why dont they do some physical work themselves?
We make unloading/loading the pit a battery "game". This hypes us all to work together and be more productive in time managment becuase a min wasted on things like that eats up valuable reheasing time.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

PercussionAndAllThatJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Old!

Post by PercussionAndAllThatJazz » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:19 am

Yeah, this thread is REALLY old. BUT...I've discovered the secret to unity between the two...more or less.

I became the pit captain, so for the big football games and tournaments, my asst. and I made goody bags for our section, and since the drums didnt have a section mommy, we made goody bags for them too. The next time, the battery captain asked if he could help, so he picked up orange slice, we (pit) got the candy and goodies.

In other words, give each other treats and stuff. It works like a charm. :cheers:
-Resa-
Impulse DM 2006

JrSMHSTenors
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by JrSMHSTenors » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:39 pm

Yeah,we call each other pit and battery,but we never fight or anything,and we hang out a lot together

mmhs pit playa 05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mmhs pit playa 05 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:11 pm

mangotango wrote:At my school both pit and battery are the drumline. Theres nothing between the two groups.
that's the way it goes in my school... im always telling the freshmens that pit and battery are drumline... battery being the drum and pit being the line... hahaha.... but of course there are a couple of pit players in my school who just want to be in their own little world... haha!!
- PR0UD PIT PLAYER OF THE MIRA MESA HIGH SCH00L SAPPHIRE S0UND!! BEST BELIEVE IT!!
- PIT + BATTERY = DRUMLINE/PERCUSSI0N... GET IT RIGHT!!

DrummerBoy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DrummerBoy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:44 pm

basshaterbutplayer wrote:it makes me made when pit makes the battery take there stuff to the field

we get our PE creditby marching, why dont they do some physical work themselves?
at my school the younger people in battery dont help unless asked to by the percussion insstructure, and they usually still dont, but i agree with lilpitprincess, pit does have to load all this stuff in pit, im just happy we dont have a huge amount of pit instruments, haha. and pit is always the last to leave, kuz we have to wait till everyone else is done before we get to put are insruments back into the band room. sure we dont march but we do allot of moving.
MMHS 5A Saphire Sound
Timpani Player 03-04
Timpani Player 04-05
Bottom bass 05-06
Tenor 06-07

WOW Can I SEE your Timpani?